Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2012 Fall Banter Thread

Snow_Miser

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What delta do u give that not one inch of snow falls by DEC 31 cpk right now i am 60 delta

Well, after today you have 23 days left....if you go by history you can probably throw out the 24th -31st...(it almost never seems to snow that week <no I did not forget 12/30/2000>...or the first 7 days of January, for that matter...)...so really, you only have to get through another 15 days...

Steve D:

"Models all over the place today. That means changes are a foot. This is text book model mayhem that will have many METS jumping back and forth until the models lock in on what's happening at the stratospheric levels and with tropical convection. Back and forth, back and forth. I'm standing my ground on this forecast I had since early November because thus far every observation I see is right to where I thought we would be. The idea of a super cold December was never mine so I feel no need to justify that forecast. Slow and steady change. That's the forecast and that's what I'm sticking with. Progressively colder and stormier, not snowier though."

Though the commentary could get an award for most cliches in one paragraph...

its from his twitter page. .. So no he didn't write a paragraph ... Lol

Typical negative and misinformed post from you, asshat.

would you like to bet you wont see any real measurable snow or consistent negative anomaly temps thru the next 10-15 days? And then we can run this exercise again (the following 10-15)? stop wishcasting...

asshat - what are you 12 years old?

This mornings 0z Euro doesnt offer many encouraging signs , the Ridge in the pacific continues to back towards Hawaii and that is not conducive to ANY kind of trof in the east .

In fact the Dec 20th date for a turn is really dependent on how the Pac responds in the next 5 days . On the day 10 Euro you can see the beginnings of another ridge start its development over Cuba to take the place of the one that gets temporarily displaced for a day or 2 next week .

and that is clearly in response to the PAC ridge pulling the pattern with it .

If you want great skiing head west .With a trof locked off like this a nice glacier should develop there with a NEG PNA

sssh, dont tell WeatherX that.

I guess Ace will always be a troll :axe:. I bet that we will see snow within the next 2 weeks.

Just because he does not agree does not make him a troll. I've found that he is pretty knowledgeable.

How can we take any model run seriously when the GFS just took the storm for the end of the week from a GLC to a miller B which gives NNE snow.

I take them all over-easy....

That's a very nice run for New England for Next Weekend's snow. Isn't that far away from giving us some of the white stuff either.

Now the 18th storm is OTS on this run. The models can't make up their mind. I think the -PNA and the Typhoon are giving the models trouble.

Archived