Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2012 Fall Banter Thread

Snow_Miser

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didnt he go for a cold decemeber just a few weeks ago?

No , at the end of the Nov , he believed Dec would start out warm , day or so ago , he believes the second half is colder , there are others who believe that too , think his 1 st forecast of a warm start was good , think it was a mistake to call for a turn just yet .

Yes it is too early for that and also too early to cancel winter like a lot of people are doing.

Dude , no one is canceling the entire winter , but I would cancel most of Dec , do you not see whats happening right in front of your eyes ?

Every recent run of the 10 day 500 MB on the Euro just gets worse .The GFS which always dumps the trough in the east day 15 is even backing off .

That has to tell you , you are goin in the wrong direction .There is nothing enticing about the next 15 days , thats gona get you real close to the 4 th week of Dec .

Dec temps ( thats all we are talking about ) , game set match . you are finishing above normal .

Now if you chose to look at it differently be my guest . I am just telling you whats kind of simple to see if you look objectively .

Dude , no one is canceling the entire winter , but I would cancel most of Dec , do you not see whats happening right in front of your eyes ?

Every recent run of the 10 day 500 MB on the Euro just gets worse .The GFS which always dumps the trough in the east day 15 is even backing off .

That has to tell you , you are goin in the wrong direction .There is nothing enticing about the next 15 days , thats gona get you real close to the 4 th week of Dec .

Dec temps ( thats all we are talking about ) , game set match . you are finishing above normal .

Now if you chose to look at it differently be my guest . I am just telling you whats kind of simple to see if you look objectively .

And you believe the most recent 10-15 day modeling will verify as depicted? Not the best philosophy to employ. Based on your reaction it seems to me that you actually think that what is shown in the 10-15 day ranges is reliable. Seems foolish to believe what is depicted for that far out. It is your perogative to jump on board of course, but if you are making forecasts based on that, don't be surprised if most folks ignore your analysis.

And you believe the most recent 10-15 day modeling will verify as depicted? Not the best philosophy to employ. Based on your reaction it seems to me that you actually think that what is shown in the 10-15 day ranges is reliable. Seems foolish to believe what is depicted for that far out. It is your perogative to jump on board of course, but if you are making forecasts based on that, don't be surprised if most folks ignore your analysis.

if u chose to look at weather through snow goggles then i cant hep you. ive described in previous posts that the set up is wrong for sustained cold in the east im not just looking at a 15 day operational run. take a look at the deep low on the euro ensembles over greenland where u wana see blocking. take a look at the ridge that sets up in 10 days too far off the west coast. so much so that polar vortex that was in alaska last week will migrate to the west coast. not into the central u s then east. thats why u keep seeing the trough getting pulled back everytime it gets to the easr coast. and ask urself. if a 15 day gfs operationals run is prone to dumping the trough over and over again only to correct as time passes. dont ur eyes open when the model doesnt even see that. in any case i dont care if u read or like my analysis. i will keep making them and

Agree. The only constant w/ D7+ modelling has been changes every single cycle. I can guarantee you that today's D 8-10 data will not verify as depicted. Might be much better, hell, it might even be worse, but it won't be the same.

My weather.com forecast right now (Putnam County):

Light snow will develop by early evening. Partly to mostly clear with temperatures cooling into the low to middle 30s. Winds NW at 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 45%. Snowfall of less than half an inch through 8:30pm.

Huh?

if u chose to look at weather through snow goggles then i cant hep you. ive described in previous posts that the set up is wrong for sustained cold in the east im not just looking at a 15 day operational run. take a look at the deep low on the euro ensembles over greenland where u wana see blocking. take a look at the ridge that sets up in 10 days too far off the west coast. so much so that polar vortex that was in alaska last week will migrate to the west coast. not into the central u s then east. thats why u keep seeing the trough getting pulled back everytime it gets to the easr coast. and ask urself. if a 15 day gfs operationals run is prone to dumping the trough over and over again only to correct as time passes. dont ur eyes open when the model doesnt even see that. in any case i dont care if u read or like my analysis. i will keep making them and

Regarding your bolded/underlined comments above: Past trends of the long range models don't necessarily translate/apply in every circumstance.

As for other comments made, I did not state anything that would imply I am looking through snow goggles. I also did not say I don't like reading your analysis regularly. In fact I normally enjoy your posts, I'm just saying many people will disagree with or ignore this particular analysis based on any long range model output whether it be 15, 10 or even 7 days out, especially when you are discussing major players in the overall weather pattern (not just individual storms).

Regarding your bolded/underlined comments above: Past trends of the long range models don't necessarily translate/apply in every circumstance.

As for other comments made, I did not state anything that would imply I am looking through snow goggles. I also did not say I don't like reading your analysis regularly. In fact I normally enjoy your posts, I'm just saying many people will disagree with or ignore this particular analysis based on any long range model output whether it be 15, 10 or even 7 days out, especially when you are discussing major players in the overall weather pattern (not just individual storms).

ok, kool . The only point I was making was i was growing weary when long range models that usually like to see cold air were shying away from it . So it caught my attention .

That being said Isotherm is right , it could be colder or warmer , never verifies , so that point is taken .

Just kept hearing Dec 15th as this big turn around date and I was just skeptical , So i take back the snow goggles comment .

Archived