EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
September 17-19 2012 rain and severe weather potential

SNO

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that this thread has morphed into a severe thread, but I'd like to at least point out how encouraging it is to see the models gradually keep opening up the rain shield over the northern part of Va. Doesn't mean it'll happen, but its amazing how often this seems to happen. I wish I understood what the models are seeing that causes them to forecast that hole. Is it the mts? They don't seem to be hurting the rain in swva

Rain is boring. Helpful, but boring. I'm in it for the adrenaline rush.

Does this mean you are even considering tomorrow. I likely will be out, see below for my plans (as of now).

I wish I understood that :(

I highly recommend grabbing a copy of Tim Vasquez's Storm Chasing handbook and Forecasting handbook. It is written for beginners to get you to a decent level of understanding.

mod risks arent even that exciting anymore

Not in and around the DC/Metro. But better than a high risk (note my next comment)

Boring. High Risk and a PDS or bust.

:rambo:

High Risk....high bust. I prefer Mods, more likely to play out. Granted we did have April 2010 (Raliegh tornado day).

My general plan at the moment is to set up east side of the beltway somewhere to either head directly for a severe area to the west either toward the south in VA or south into s.Maryland. OR wait for the line to arrive in PG through Anne Arundel County and track just ahead of it over the bay and get some great imagery with the Chesapeake Bay Bridge in my shots.

My goal is more centered around good imagery than dynamics....but I may just go for dynamics if things on the RAP and MesoAnalysis page look better. At the moment I'm highly suspicious of a grungy morning/mid-day hence the limited travel plans. Well that, and if I'm solo...my Jeep has limits on travel distances (and MPGs SUCK).

Archived