• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
September 2012 Forecast Contest, Tropics

You might want to consider revising your seasonal forecast given your september forecast :pimp:

I feel misled by the ENSO thread, and now the upward motion entering a downturn may be delayed. Iblame SUNY Albany and the ENSO thread. All lost and hopeless. No chance to win now. Time to unload some salary cap for minor league prosepcts and look forward to a better 2013.

Just bumming. Katrina landfalled all the way in Mississippi and still rained at my house, dust from Isaac.

Maybe ENSO will get going in time for another one of the 3 snow miracles in the last 8 years, including 2009 when we had measurable snow before Washington, DC

4201477744_f11e063bcc_z.jpg

ETA

Eye becoming less distinct on Kirk. August may end with "ZERO" majors.

I feel misled by the ENSO thread, and now the upward motion entering a downturn may be delayed. Iblame SUNY Albany and the ENSO thread. All lost and hopeless. No chance to win now. Time to unload some salary cap for minor league prosepcts and look forward to a better 2013.

Just bumming. Katrina landfalled all the way in Mississippi and still rained at my house, dust from Isaac.

Maybe ENSO will get going in time for another one of the 3 snow miracles in the last 8 years, including 2009 when we had measurable snow before Washington, DC

ETA

Eye becoming less distinct on Kirk. August may end with "ZERO" majors.

The ENSO thread didn't talk about a rampant El Niño...most of the most recent posts are about how it will probably won't peak above weak (Larry) and recent strong easterly pushes (myself). I have been one of the most insistent about a peak at weak since the thread was created, and with no much affectation in the Atlantic tropics, since I expected a stronger Niño push until fall, after which it wouldn't matter much wrt tropics. Not sure if it was in that thread or in one of the first Atlantic tropics threads that I even posted at the possibility of hyperactivity if it stayed neutral warm (not that I'm fully on board yet on hyperactivity).

As for zero majors...according to the rules, we'll have to wait for Leslie not to peak in the major range, even if it does in September (date of cyclogenesis).

The ENSO thread didn't talk about a rampant El Niño...most of the most recent posts are about how it will probably won't peak above weak (Larry) and recent strong easterly pushes (myself). I have been one of the most insistent about a peak at weak since the thread was created, and with no much affectation in the Atlantic tropics, since I expected a stronger Niño push until fall, after which it wouldn't matter much wrt tropics. Not sure if it was in that thread or in one of the first Atlantic tropics threads that I even posted at the possibility of hyperactivity if it stayed neutral warm (not that I'm fully on board yet on hyperactivity).

As for zero majors...according to the rules, we'll have to wait for Leslie not to peak in the major range, even if it does in September (date of cyclogenesis).

A week or two ago the SOI dailies looked like it was finally locking in for a real warm ENSO. At any rate, second year in a row of quantity w/o much quality. Couple of good, quality Cat 1 chases for i-Cyclone, but still Cat 1s. NHC does still seem to hold out some hope Kirk briefly makes Cat 3...

I, however, glass full optimist, and because I have different standards for storms North of 35º undergoing post-tropical transition, still hoping for at least a Leslie scare for the SNE/NYC forums, and maybe a "Carla Cradle" October surprise for Florida.

A week or two ago the SOI dailies looked like it was finally locking in for a real warm ENSO. At any rate, second year in a row of quantity w/o much quality. Couple of good, quality Cat 1 chases for i-Cyclone, but still Cat 1s. NHC does still seem to hold out some hope Kirk briefly makes Cat 3...

I, however, glass full optimist, and because I have different standards for storms North of 35º undergoing post-tropical transition, still hoping for at least a Leslie scare for the SNE/NYC forums, and maybe a "Carla Cradle" October surprise for Florida.

Sept 20-Oct 10 should be good...especially in the Caribbean.

• 4 weeks later...

Mallow,

Would you mind giving us an update on how we stand through September (the things that can already be scored...monthlies I guess), assuming nothing else forms by 9/30? It would make the contest more interesting as far as what to hope for in Oct. and Nov. As it is now, I haven't the foggiest idea of how I'm doing relative to others. If it would be too much a PITA or if it wouldn't make much sense to do it now being that the season picks have to wait, don't worry about it. Also, how much do the season guesses count in relation to the monthlies? Thanks in advance.

Archived