• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
TS Isaac

BullCityWx

It would definitely be of great aid to the drought in the plains but at an ugly price for N.O. There is a shift sort of eastward in the Euro and a shift slightly westward in all the other guidance, I suppose...if it does get left behind it will be ugly for the Northern or NW Gulf....there are not any of those in the analogs except for Carmen but there are none on the west side of FLA either.

I think the 12z EURO is a pretty significant shift compared to the 0z run...first off the 12z crosses Cuba faster and second, it comes ashore along the Mississippi Coastline as compared to the Marshland of Louisiana in this morning's run...

The 12z EURO maps are not loading on Allan's site, can somebody tell me what's happening post-landfall? The last image on the wunderground shows a short wave trough sliding through the Rockies at 180, does that s/w break down the skinny ridge?

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It stalls over northern ARK post 180...it will be a disastrous flood for somebody were it to verify....Yesterday's 12z also had a NOLA hit...The primary difference today is that it does make a northward shift a la the other guidance...but probably because it gets shredded crossing Cuba lengthwise for a while, it may be weak enough to not get picked up by the s/w crossing the midwest and is able to then resume a NW path....I think yesterday it never had much of a system until it got to the Yucatan Channel...

It stalls over northern ARK post 180...it will be a disastrous flood for somebody were it to verify....Yesterday's 12z also had a NOLA hit...The primary difference today is that it does make a northward shift a la the other guidance...but probably because it gets shredded crossing Cuba lengthwise for a while, it may be weak enough to not get picked up by the s/w crossing the midwest and is able to then resume a NW path....I think yesterday it never had much of a system until it got to the Yucatan Channel...

Seems like the biggest effect will be from the rainfall post potential stall. 12z GFS dumped almost a foot of rain at vidalia.

Seems like the biggest effect will be from the rainfall post potential stall. 12z GFS dumped almost a foot of rain at vidalia.

My concern is ,like some others,my family and I are headed to Myrtle Beach,Ocean Lakes,.We are leaving next friday the 31st til Sept 4th .Has anyone heard how long this storm is supposed to stick around?We've already paid for the house .Thanks

Just a few gems here...models *should* become much more clear later this week.

THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER HAS REQUESTED THE INITIATION OF

SPECIAL 6 HOURLY SOUNDINGS STARTING AT 18Z THU AUG 23 FROM WFO

SAN JUAN AND ALL OFFICES WITHIN THE FOLLOWING STATES:

FLORIDA...GEORGIA...ALABAMA...AND MISSISSIPPI.

HANDEL/SDM/NCO/NCEP

IT IS

HOPED THE HIGH ALTITUDE G4 SURVEILLANCE FROM THE NOAA JET BEGINNING

THURSDAY WILL SAMPLE THE REGION AROUND ISAAC AND PROVIDE ADT'L INFO

FOR MODEL GUIDANCE.

The 06z GFDL if I'm correct.. is showing a Cat.5 off the FL Coast? 140.5knots.. I came up with around 160MPH. Or is the category defined at a different wind level?

That's at 900 mb. The category is based on the near sfc winds.

Fwiw, between the Euro and the GFS for last year's Irene, the Euro did a bit better in that it trended to the correct landfall location earlier than the GFS did.

I have a "gut" feeling that NHC will be over more open water in the GOM when they update there map....again, only my op....and my "gut" (which is big) feeling...lol

I was thinking that earlier as well. It *seems* that the potential is growing, even if slightly, that an adjustment left is more likely than an adjustment to the right. Still way to many variables to have any sort of confidence either in strength or track, but it seems like the eastern GOM solution is gaining more credibility.

The thing is a mess and until it gets stacked, something its apparently in no hurry to do its gonna be a nightmare for the models. I would agree up along the west coast of Florida is the best bet as it stands now but that will be most likely a trashy storm unless it can become a really small cane which it could do.

The thing is a mess and until it gets stacked, something its apparently in no hurry to do its gonna be a nightmare for the models. I would agree up along the west coast of Florida is the best bet as it stands now but that will be most likely a trashy storm unless it can become a really small cane which it could do.

Let him get past Shredderola island first :lol: Then he can become stacked :hug:

Models have converged to a solution that brings Isaac under Hispanola, through Central Cuba and to a position somewhere between Mobile and Pensacola...not bad for an event 7-Day's out.

Only subtle difference is that the Euro maintains a stronger ridge and has Isaac moving northwest at landfall while the GFS uses the trough over the midwest and scoops Isaac due north and then northeast.

I think the goalposts have been set...now its time to kick the football between them.

I still believe Isaac will cut across Hispaniola as a fairly weak TS and head through portions of eastern Cuba before heading through the Florida Straits & Keys. From there it will hug the West Coast of Florida as it tracks north, which wouldn't allow it to get very strong... Of course, the jog to the southwest may throw a wrench into this thinking and shift my thinking a bit more west. However, with the ridge expected to break down near AL/GA (as has been the case much of August) it will be a tad more west than the NHC's official forecast... Very similar to the 6Z GFS yesterday and today. Of course, if this happens then most of Alabama and western Georgia would stay mostly dry while Florida (Mon-Wed) and eastern GA & eastern Carolinas get dumped on next Wed-Friday. Still waiting to see how Isaac handles the Greater Antilles though.... :whistle:

Much like Ernesto did this thing is pretty much a open wave right now and IMO all modeling is gonna be suspect until we have a well defined LLC and CDO, there is a 100 mile wide area that this center could form so until it does there is little confidence in the models with me.

I think it coulld end up farther west but a large east shift putting ga nc and sc in play for landfall is about a 0% chance. The models are converging on the east central gom. Ridging is driving the boat.

FYI that some mets still are going with synoptics that bring the storm into South Carolina and then curving it out to sea along the North Carolina coast

If this track holds, SC would get the direct bisecting he coast landfall and North Carolina would only get a brush with the worst of the storm being offshore the coast as t moves up parallel to the coast.

Time will tell.

FYI that some mets still are going with synoptics that bring the storm into South Carolina and then curving it out to sea along the North Carolina coast

If this track holds, SC would get the direct bisecting he coast landfall and North Carolina would only get a brush with the worst of the storm being offshore the coast as t moves up parallel to the coast.

Time will tell.

Can you link me to a few of those mets? I believe you but in the main forum i don't see any mets on board with that outcome. I would love to read that different perspective.

Archived