• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2012 Observations and Discussions

NEG NAO

Looking at the Euro ensembles and even the OP now, I think that the hottest part of

the first half of August is going to be during the next few days.

Looking that way as the ecm backed off on the heat next week. I think we're still at or above normal through about wed then cool down by end of next week/next weekend (8/9 - 8/12).

Its good to see the sun again after a few days of mainly cloudy conditions.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking that way as the ecm backed off on the heat next week. I think we're still at or above normal through about wed then cool down by end of next week/next weekend (8/9 - 8/12).

Its good to see the sun again after a few days of mainly cloudy conditions.

Yeah, I think the big ridge forecast east of Japan in around 10 days is signaling that the Western Atlantic Ridge

will try to build back west toward the East Coast around the middle of the month. We should see a warm up

around that time, but I am not sure how much above normal at this point. Overall I think that August will

finish above normal again with the Western Atlantic Ridge building in from time to time. We could also

pick much needed convective rains when the fronts slow down approaching the coast.

GFS now more gentle with the trough the end of next week/next weekend (8/10 - 8/12) Implies we are normal much of that period and warm to hot piror 8/3 - 8/9. La la land showing bluwave's WAR builiding in mid month... It will be interesting where the euro goes this afternoon.

GFS now more gentle with the trough the end of next week/next weekend (8/10 - 8/12) Implies we are normal much of that period and warm to hot piror 8/3 - 8/9. La la land showing bluwave's WAR builiding in mid month... It will be interesting where the euro goes this afternoon.

Quick glance at the euro and it looks on par to it's past 2 runs, with regards to the trough and block.

Perhaps a bit warmer in the NYC area, with the coldest anomalies for SNE.

This is for days 5-10.

91 for me today...and with likely 90s to come tomorrow and most likely on Saturday, today should be the commencing of yet another heatwave

Same here. 90.5F high, day 19 for 90F highs. Looks like only EWR of the NYC stations made 90, unless LGA hit in between hourlies.

and its still pretty oppressive out....88 at 7:15 with a heat index of 97! I really noticed the humidity today with the wet crabgrass and blazing sun. Tomorrow looks to be quite oppressive if temps get into the mid 90s

We cut from 7-7 and made up ground from wed rain out.....i would say oppressive is a stretch, was not horrible.....compared to other weeks..comfy weed wacking around 630

We cut from 7-7 and made up ground from wed rain out.....i would say oppressive is a stretch, was not horrible.....compared to other weeks..comfy weed wacking around 630

humidity is far worse than heat for me, our earlier heat this year was not that humid. We may have got more rain than you too yesterday and you can just smell the moisture from the crabgrass..it is growing by the second

Guidance steady now on keeping things warm through next wed/thu (8/8-9)before a trough digs in later next week/next weekend 8/9 - 8/12). Depending on clouds and storms we can add on some more 90s through the middle of next week. We should see increased rain and storms chances as well. Its not the blow torch that the ecm showed on several runs for next week, but i suspect we ride on the positive side of normal through the 9th. Beyond there, the ecm and its ensembles are cooler in the 8/9 - 8/12 period than the gfs which would impy we're normal or above. As we move into mid August we may saee heights rise into the east with continued warmth but rain chances should remain increased as well...

Guidance steady now on keeping things warm through next wed/thu (8/8-9)before a trough digs in later next week/next weekend 8/9 - 8/12). Depending on clouds and storms we can add on some more 90s through the middle of next week. We should see increased rain and storms chances as well. Its not the blow torch that the ecm showed on several runs for next week, but i suspect we ride on the positive side of normal through the 9th. Beyond there, the ecm and its ensembles are cooler in the 8/9 - 8/12 period than the gfs which would impy we're normal or above. As we move into mid August we may saee heights rise into the east with continues warmth but rain chances should remain increased as well...

You can see the warmth in the middle of the country getting ready to come east after the trough passes by.

test8.gif

Archived