Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2012 General Discussion

Chicago WX

NWS raised temps for Sunday to 80F (from 77F earlier)...blah... Give me 65F

I have seen a fair share of 60s in August before. Courtesy of a wet trouffy pattern. Might be hard this go around - unless we can tap that really cool stuff up in the NWT.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen 30Fs in August... About 10 years ago we had frost in late August.

I just want a streak of cooler weather. This 90F crap can set up over Saukville down to Chicago and points east :)

93F today..dew point right now 69F... steam oven continues.

Looking forward to Sept/Oct/Nov ...best time of the year.

Do you happen to remember August 2004? I recall several nights in the mid 40's around here and a day or two that only made it into the mid or upper 50's. It was the second week of the month, I believe.

Upper 50Fs right now in North Dakota...

That could have been when I had frost (I was living in West Salem which is east of LSE)... I think my sensor showed 34F one morning (20th?) and the roof had a layer of frost on it.

Wasn't it you that posted a pic of your temp reading? Yes, it was August 2004 that had the frost.

High of 87° with clear skies all day. ...Well actually this morning there was some ground fog - everything was dewy this morning.

Point dropped to 89° tomorrow. T-storms chance are in the likely category tomorrow night.

Today's high was 93*F at Metro Airport. It was an intra-hour high though, as the lake breeze kicked in and the hourly temp was stuck at 92*F for about 4 or 5 hours.

Even City Airport crawled to 92*F late in the day thanks to full sunshine, despite the marine layer.

If my math is right, as of today the month of August is already 7*F above average with a temp of 79*F (average is 72*F)..

I have a pic somewhere...my hard drive died on my laptop and I lost a bunch of stuff :(...It might be saved to an external drive somewhere.

Those were the days when I was on wright weather...along with Craig from Omaha :)

Still 90F here...want to take my kid for a bike ride, but not in this heat.

Wow, that brings back some memories. I miss him. He made my posts look good.

LAF has got its groove back...high temps in Indiana today below. And a 3 degree intrahour bump to get to that 96º to boot, icing on the cake. Hoosier is pleased no doubt, though maybe too little, too late.

LAF: 96º

FWA: 93º

GSH: 93º

GUS: 93º

IND: 93º

VPZ: 93º

EVV: 92º

HUF: 92º

MIE: 92º

SBN: 92º

GEZ: 91º

BMG: 86º

And just to the west of here in Illinois...

DNV: 94º

TIP: 94º

CMI: 93º

Feels very tropical outside today. About 85°/72° currently. Temperature forecast pretty consistent starting tomorrow. Low 80s during the day and 60s at night.

56 minutes of daylight lost since the solstice.

NWS has a forecast high of 74 for next Saturday... :wub:

A MUCH LARGER WAVE IS FORECAST TO DIVE DOWN INTO THE UPPER MIDWEST AND GREAT LAKES THURSDAY AND FRIDAY...THEN SLOWLY LIFT THROUGH NORTHEAST CANADA (GFS) OR TO THE ATLANTIC COAST ON SATURDAY (EURO). THIS SHOULD PROVIDE A BETTER CHANCE FOR RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS...ALONG WITH UNSEASONABLY COOL TEMPERATURES (HIGHS IN THE 70S!).

Archived