Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
August 2012 General Discussion

Chicago WX

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the first time this summer it has happened during the daytime hours, but as of the 11:00 obs, every single Wisconsin site is in the 70s. :drunk:

Btw, if the GFS is correct with bringing the next system through with showers/thunder during the day on Thursday, I'm sure there will be some places in S Wisconsin that won't crack 70.

But how many of those had a summer even remotely close to being as warm as this one so far?

I'm just trolling him..

Its going to hit 90 tomorrow here and has the past few days so thats at least 4 for the month.. :lol:

I know this has been one hot summer and most of those on record have continued blazing hot on through fall..

But really honestly why couldn't the flip switch after tomorrow? Its going to drop sometime..

Odds are wayyy against me, but I'm going with no more crazy + monthly departure from here on out and - departures come Sep/Oct.

I'm just trolling him..

Its going to hit 90 tomorrow here and has the past few days so thats at least 4 for the month.. :lol:

I know this has been one hot summer and most of those on record have continued blazing hot on through fall..

But really honestly why couldn't the flip switch after tomorrow? Its going to drop sometime..

Odds are wayyy against me, but I'm going with no more crazy + monthly departure from here on out and - departures come Sep/Oct.

I'm with you on that. It's been almost a year of consistent positive departures in this part of the country, with most of them being five or six degrees above average. I think August will be the start of a pattern change toward more normal temps. It may well be gradual, but I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Saukville probably has only a few more 90s this year to look forward to, that's my prediction anyway.

I'm just trolling him..

I hope this winter goes down into a blaze of warm glory.

Just saying :violin:

Made it down to 53 here. DVN hit 50. Should make it back pretty close to 90 today, and maybe mid 90s tomorrow. Of course the 12z NAM has us at 102 tomorrow.

Nice to have a cooler pattern overall, but it's going to make for benign weather.

Looks like you're coming up short close to 90.

A nice dry 80 here.

August definetely has less 90s usually then July in a normal year...

A nice dry 80 here.

Must have an onshore flow, because even Milwaukee is sitting at 83F. Anyway, this next week after tomorrow looks absolutely glorious. Low to mid 70s late this week ftw!

well advertised by euro. Hopefully next week brings some chances for some ahead of the next mild down on the euro. long ways out but not a lot else to weenie out to.

Tropical, is that you hacking into Bowme's account? I assume by mild down, you mean cooler shot. Otherwise, maybe I misinterpreted your post.

A nice dry 80 here.

Yep. Only 85 here so far. Wetter soils could be having an impact I suppose. I'm thinking much of the rain water must have ran off as it really hasn't greened very much. Basically the weed patches in area yards took off again, while the dead grass stayed dead lol.

Tropical, is that you hacking into Bowme's account? I assume by mild down, you mean cooler shot. Otherwise, maybe I misinterpreted your post.

yeah..mild down from torch to more seasonal wx shots..with all the heat out west we probably have a while/mid sept of legit 90's temps talk yet.

Loving how fast the days are getting shorter and the yard shading out earlier in the afternoon..So sick of the sun this yr and i could do without seeing it again until next april.

Yep. Only 85 here so far. Wetter soils could be having an impact I suppose. I'm thinking much of the rain water must have ran off as it really hasn't greened very much. Basically the weed patches in area yards took off again, while the dead grass stayed dead lol.

yeah it was sad seeing all of that runoff rain in your pics..hopefully a 2" over 8 hrs is in the future

Must have an onshore flow, because even Milwaukee is sitting at 83F. Anyway, this next week after tomorrow looks absolutely glorious. Low to mid 70s late this week ftw!

Yep, SE wind most of the afternoon. High of 82° here.

Give the grass a little more time, you'll start to see new shoots of grass. Your grass has been dormant - roots are alive. Patches of my yard that looked the deadest took about 3-4 days to start greening up after the first good rain!

Archived