Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Intense Heat Returning Mid/Late July?

Hoosier

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skilling going with 100 for today, but it's fairly obvious it isn't going to be even near that warm given cloud debris issues.

Yeah, I was scratching my head at that predicted high; did he look at visible satellite? It's quite cloudy here now. The only way I could see anywhere in this part of Illinois reach 100 or even the upper 90's is if there were a similar scenario to last Wednesday, when the sun came out strong in the mid to late afternoon, pushing temperatures up 10-12 degrees in an hour or two. Of course, the situation was a bit different at that time because a front was basically right over my location and shifted just east and north.

Yeah, I was scratching my head at that predicted high; did he look at visible satellite? It's quite cloudy here now. The only way I could see anywhere in this part of Illinois reach 100 or even the upper 90's is if there were a similar scenario to last Wednesday, when the sun came out strong in the mid to late afternoon, pushing temperatures up 10-12 degrees in an hour or two. Of course, the situation was a bit different at that time because a front was basically right over my location and shifted just east and north.

ORD has maxed out at 93 thus far.

Clearing is quickly taking place here and should last for a time before the next soid/thicker cloud deck moves in from the NW. We'll see if it's enough to make a run into the mid-upper 90's here and at ORD.

Intrahour max of 97º at LAF so far, with the highest hourly temp being 93º.

Down to 92º at 2:00pm, with solid clouds for the time being.

HUF the first to hit 100º in Indiana today.

Back up to 95. If that cloud deck to the north could somehow avoid us then I think there would be enough time to reach triple digits but that is looking a bit doubtful.

ORD has maxed out at 93 thus far.

Clearing is quickly taking place here and should last for a time before the next soid/thicker cloud deck moves in from the NW. We'll see if it's enough to make a run into the mid-upper 90's here and at ORD.

Up to 94 here and at ORD.

I have no doubt that we would've made a run for the mid 100s today if clouds weren't a factor.

Clouds look like a non issue Wed. With similar, to potentially even warmer mid-level temps and an incoming front we could see some ridiculous readings. Especially for areas that escape rain tonight through early Wed.

Archived