joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Intense Heat Returning Mid/Late July?

Hoosier

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given obs/recent model trends, I think 101 or 102 may be about the best we can do here today. We shall see. Tomorrow will be interesting...if the front slows down a touch then could make a quick early afternoon run toward 100.

I agree about tomorrow. If we stay clear we may make a quick run. Overnight lows tonight look to possibly stay above 80 at IND. That would help alot. Theres been a few days this year so far where IND has made it to 99-100 by noon, before clouds and storms moved in. We shall see. Chad at WLFI thinks an mcs will move in overnight, that may screw things up.

93 here right now. The temperature is really going to have to ratchet up in the next few hours if 100 is to be realized. I do notice the winds picking up from the southwest, so we'll see.

Looks like the warm front has finally passed.

Winds at DPA went from 190 to 220. DP's are starting to mix down across the SW portion of the CWA too.

Looks like the warm front has finally passed.

Winds at DPA went from 190 to 220. DP's are starting to mix down across the SW portion of the CWA too.

It certainly seems as though the front has passed. In some ways, the set-up reminds me of last Wednesday's, which too had a warm-frontal passage around midday -- temperature increased from the mid 80's at around noon (today was a bit higher at noon) to 100 by around 21z.

Up to 95 here.

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ST LOUIS MO

220 PM CDT WED JUL 25 2012

.SYNOPSIS...

ISSUED AT 217 PM CDT WED JUL 25 2012

593DAM HIGH AT 500MB IS NOW CENTERED ACROSS WESTERN MISSISSIPPI

WITH THE AXIS OF THE RIDGE ELONGATED FROM NORTH TO SOUTH ALONG THE

MISSISSIPPI RIVER. RECORD BREAKING SUMMER CONTINUES WITH 105

DEGREES BEING SURPASSED AT KSTL FOR THE 11TH TIME THIS YEAR. THIS

HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. ENOUGH SAID.

CVKING

Another record falls. We have a very decent shot at pushing the all-time 90+F day records by the time we hit late September.

Archived