joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Intense Heat Returning Mid/Late July?

Hoosier

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today should be the 11th day of 105+ temperatures for the year which would set a new record. Already tied the all-time record high minimum at 86 today. Should break the record high for today. However, I think today would make "only" the 16th day of 100+ temperatures which isn't even close to the record of 37. Other than last Friday with a fluke mid 80s day, we really haven't been able to enjoy any outside activities in St. Louis for the last month or month and half.

11 out of the 16 100+ days being AOA 105 is remarkable to me. When the heats been on...its been on.

Made it up to a very late day 89*F.

It'll be interesting to see if we can eek out a 90*F.

We had some periodic altostratus (really, we were on the edge of it all) to contend with this morning, which stunted the temperature rise this morning and through the early afternoon hours.

Made it to 103 in Cedar Rapids and 106 in Des Moines. The plants are really stressing today moreso than Monday because today's hot wind is sucking the moisture right out of them. Even my dry-loving hummingbird plants were wilting today and they never wilt. I just had to water all my container plants for the second time today. The enclosed area behind my garage must be 110 right now and the blooms on one of my big hummingbird plants are totally baked.

Made it up to a very late day 89*F.

It'll be interesting to see if we can eek out a 90*F.

We had some periodic altostratus (really, we were on the edge of it all) to contend with this morning, which stunted the temperature rise this morning and through the early afternoon hours.

Yep, we made it to 90...albeit very late. 24th of the year so far. :)

Yep, we made it to 90...albeit very late. 24th of the year so far. :)

Wow rack up another stat-padding intra-hour 90F for DTW :lol: I had thought our high was 87-88 until I read your post. Its indeed #24 for DTW. And 6 of those 24 were exactly 90, most of which were intra-hour 90 readings at that. Its odd for both ends of the spectrum, because this summer has really impressed me with the amount of 95F+ days (weve had 11 so far, we had ZERO in 2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, or 2010). And on the other end, I cant believe how many cheap "only DTW" days eeked out an intra hour 90 when the max hourly temp was 87-89.

90F+ days in SE MI so far this year (couldnt find YIP but Im sure they lead with DTW 2nd)

DTW: 24

FNT: 22

ARB: 22

DET: 20

PTK: 18

Interesting around Detroit how influential the water is when adding in the Grosse Pointe station:

GPF: 15

Wow rack up another stat-padding intra-hour 90F for DTW :lol: I had thought our high was 87-88 until I read your post. Its indeed #24 for DTW. And 6 of those 24 were exactly 90, most of which were intra-hour 90 readings at that. Its odd for both ends of the spectrum, because this summer has really impressed me with the amount of 95F+ days (weve had 11 so far, we had ZERO in 2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, or 2010). And on the other end, I cant believe how many cheap "only DTW" days eeked out an intra hour 90 when the max hourly temp was 87-89.

90F+ days in SE MI so far this year (couldnt find YIP but Im sure they lead with DTW 2nd)

Interesting around Detroit how influential the water is when adding in the Grosse Pointe station:

I am sure Adrian is up there too same with Monroe, though both are automated.

Still roasting at 87 coming up on midnight. Have about 10-20min left of this heat wave before the outflow boundary passes and blasts it all away lol.

The STL readings the last few evenings have been incredible. Not much nighttime relief for those guys lately.

I just got home from work, its 1am here and my temp at the house is still 90 degrees. In all the years I've had a weather station its never been this hot this late. I remember a few times last summer and earlier this summer of temps around 86 when I got home but not 90! Makes me hope that we can get some sunshine tomorrow morning around Central Indiana until 12pm or 1pm because I think we could easily tack on another 100 degree day before the clouds/storms arrive.

Stat padding FTW

I just got home from work, its 1am here and my temp at the house is still 90 degrees. In all the years I've had a weather station its never been this hot this late. I remember a few times last summer and earlier this summer of temps around 86 when I got home but not 90! Makes me hope that we can get some sunshine tomorrow morning around Central Indiana until 12pm or 1pm because I think we could easily tack on another 100 degree day before the clouds/storms arrive.

90 degrees at 1am is damn impressive to say the least.

Meanwhile, the temp here has plummeted from 87 to 76 since my last post here 45mins ago. Heat wave is now officially over here.

90 degrees at 1am is damn impressive to say the least.

Meanwhile, the temp here has plummeted from 87 to 76 since my last post here 45mins ago. Heat wave is now officially over here.

Ya, mines dropped to 89. Heat wave is over until further notice. The Euro has been trying to build a big ridge back out in the plains and then slowly move it east with time. Sounds like a familiar pattern. At the moment though it doesnt look like anything extreme in the next week or so at least. Hoosier may be starting another heat thread to start August though cause Im sure we will have our fair share.

Archived