joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Intense Heat Returning Mid/Late July?

Hoosier

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temps a bit slow to warm here this morning. Thick cloud cover from a few elevated storms passing overhead. Heard a few rumbles of thunder to the north, but no rain.

Looking upstream the mid-level cloud train extends all the way into South Dakota. Looks very similar to yesterday, although there are some holes mixed in unlike yesterday. MLI got off to a quick start. Temp forecast very tricky with incoming patches of thick mid-level cloudiness. Mid 90s look pretty reasonable, but if a large enough patch of clearing can make it in this afternoon they (MLI) still have an outside shot at 100.

Looks like DSM and OTM have a shot of 105+ today.

Morning clouds having little effect on temperatures at LAF. 86º/68º at 11:00am. Sun is out now, so it's off to the races.

Days that have hit 100º+ at LAF this Summer, and the 11:00am observations (and max temperatures) for each day.

June 28: 88º/60º (101º)

July 4: 88º/71º (100º)

July 5: 92º/65º (101º)

July 6: 92º/71º (102º)

July 7: 95º/70º (103º)

July 18: 84º/72º (101º)

Home temp was up to 91 for a brief time, heavier clouds have moved in but still sitting at 89. IND hasnt had much problem heating up so far, 6 degree jumps the last 2 hours. Obviously, if most of the state clears out before 12pm-1 I think alot of places will hit 100. Same with tomorrow if we can get the convection out early enough in the morning.

Morning clouds having little effect on temperatures at LAF. 86º/68º at 11:00am. Sun is out now, so it's off to the races.

Days that have hit 100º+ at LAF this Summer, and the 11:00am observations (and max temperatures) for each day.

June 28: 88º/60º (101º)

July 4: 88º/71º (100º)

July 5: 92º/65º (101º)

July 6: 92º/71º (102º)

July 7: 95º/70º (103º)

July 18: 84º/72º (101º)

Some cloud patches to our west in IL but we should have at least a couple hours of mostly sunny before some of that *may* move in.

Going to be close. 50/50 chance we hit 100 today.

If today is tricky then tomorrow is super tricky. Really tough to come up with a high for tomorrow. The extremes are probably anywhere from mid 80s (a lot of convection/debris) to low 100s (no convection/debris).

If today is tricky then tomorrow is super tricky. Really tough to come up with a high for tomorrow. The extremes are probably anywhere from mid 80s (a lot of convection/debris) to low 100s (no convection/debris).

I'm thinking we'll have precip/cloud issues for tomorrow.

Wednesday looks like the day we could have our highest temp to date, IMO.

I agree with you guys about Wed. Looks like it could be the hottest of the year for many areas. Especially those that can remain dry over the next 48hrs.

Up to 94 here. In and out of the clouds, but at least it's not a solid unrelenting overcast like yesterday.

Des Moines is 10 degrees ahead of yesterday's pace. They were 83/88 at 10am/11am, vs today's 93/98. Looks like they'll top out between 105-108.

What did you do with the real Tim?

How dare you through out temps like that.. :lol:

Simply looks :maphot: .. Though as each day passes, we are one day closer to ending this furnace..

Have to call it like I see it...even if I hate it. :lol:

But yes, we get closer to this crap being over every day. Thinking we're good to go by November. ;)

Archived