joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 28-July 8th Severe Potential

Chicago Storm

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little side topic but this is the perfect scenario where I'd like to see "siren activation suggested" in the text. You basically have to treat this like a giant tornado.

I just saw something yesterday from Chicago indicating they blow the sirens for tornadoes and any other extreme weather event. Watching the Wrigley Field cam, hear no sirens. It's packed there.

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/illinois/chicago/wrigleyfield/?cam=wrigleyfield_hd

1203 PM TSTM WND GST WEST CHICAGO 41.89N 88.22W

07/01/2012 M59 MPH DUPAGE IL ASOS

1145 AM HAIL WILMINGTON 41.30N 88.16W 07/01/2012 M0.25 INCH WILL IL TRAINED SPOTTER CORNER OF KANKAKEE ST AND KAHLER RD

1147 AM HAIL 3 NW WILMINGTON 41.33N 88.20W 07/01/2012 M0.25 INCH WILL IL DEPT OF HIGHWAYS 1 MILE SOUTH OF I-55 AND LORENZO

Gusting to 40mph+ here with outflow ahead of the storm. Looks the the best is hitting just south of here, near KDPA.

Ended up with a 15min period of 45-50mph gusts. Some very small tree debris down here and there, which is not surprising.

No rain was falling or has fallen, so there were numerous dust devils on the baseball fields where I was watching the storm.

Pics to come later.

A little side topic but this is the perfect scenario where I'd like to see "siren activation suggested" in the text. You basically have to treat this like a giant tornado.

Yeah, just what I was thinking. I know JAN (Jackson, MS) puts that in wording when storms are capable of winds 80mph+.

Archived