Newest Member
    joxey
June 28-July 8th Severe Potential

Chicago Storm

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it makes it into NE Illinois but weirder things have happened

WAAAY upstream, but that complex in northern Minnesota has that look to it like it's gonna dominate all night. Be interesting to see where that ends up tracking. The current eastern WI convection is laying out a nice north/south oriented boundary that could end up interacting with the MN MCS later on tonight.

WAAAY upstream, but that complex in northern Minnesota has that look to it like it's gonna dominate all night. Be interesting to see where that ends up tracking. The current eastern WI convection is laying out a nice north/south oriented boundary that could end up interacting with the MN MCS later on tonight.

I imagine the boundary being layer out now will be pretty washed out by the time the MN MCS gets into the area but who nows. I'd certainly keep an eye on it if I were up around Saukville....these things can sometimes take hard right turns and flare on their south end towards 6-9z but LLJ support is pretty crappy

Reports of extensive major tree damage in Itasca County...Grand Rapids MN area.

Also Bemidji in Beltrami County MN got slammed by 70-80mph winds. Pictures on twitter show just about every tree down, and there is a civil emergency message for the area. Apparently the town sounded their sirens.

damn that thing is in beast mode...bowing like a mo fo

Back building by the look of it. Saukville is going to get it!

Edit: You were probably talking about the MN line. The WI line bowed out as well with a nice gust front that just blew through Saukville's place!

I imagine the boundary being layer out now will be pretty washed out by the time the MN MCS gets into the area but who nows. I'd certainly keep an eye on it if I were up around Saukville....these things can sometimes take hard right turns and flare on their south end towards 6-9z but LLJ support is pretty crappy

I'd be surprised if it got south of central Wisconsin, if not just stay up in northern Wisconsin before crossing Michigan. At least it seems we're starting to get a Derecho pattern setup, one could eventually take aim at our region.

Wisconsin cell died out, lake breeze is puttering out which shutoff convergence, so no more convection.

Archived