joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 28-July 8th Severe Potential

Chicago Storm

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tracking severe thunderstorms just northwest Amherst, OH to Cleveland OH. My output showing potential to see wind gusts up to 63mph, hail up to 3/4" possible in the next 1-3 hours across the Cleveland area. Indices are LI' around -6, SFC CAPE around 2,300 j/kg, 0-3KM CAPE around 264 j/kg. Looks like from Kipton, OH and points North and East will be effected.

Heard thunder all the way from 7-10, but most of it was dry and only got .2" of rain here.

Looking at the radar loop, looks like it was pretty weird and messy looking...storms kept firing up in northern and eastern Oakland County.

Had some solid storm action around 7am that woke me up, will be interested to see if something reforms this afternoon. Just West of here there is decent instability that should expand and strengthen in the next couple of hours.

Looks like things should clear up rather quickly

Michigan.vis.gif

Well, not a classic supercell but CLE has put out a tor associated with the squall line that blew in off the lake earlier...

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CLEVELAND OH

1135 AM EDT TUE JUL 3 2012

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CLEVELAND HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

SOUTHERN MEDINA COUNTY IN NORTHEAST OHIO...

NORTHERN WAYNE COUNTY IN NORTHEAST OHIO...

* UNTIL 1215 PM EDT

* AT 1134 AM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THIS DANGEROUS

STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR LODI...OR 11 MILES SOUTHWEST OF MEDINA...AND

MOVING EAST AT 25 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

RITTMAN...CRESTON...WADSWORTH...DOYLESTOWN...BURBANK...WESTFIELD

CENTER...BRIARWOOD BEACH...CHIPPEWA-ON-THE-LAKE...GLORIA GLENS

PARK...SEVILLE AND MARSHALLVILLE.

Either that small line of storms passing over the DTX radar is about to go nuts or they just pack an inordinate amount of lightning for their size...I can hear a nearly-constant roar of thunder and they're still 20 miles away

Either that small line of storms passing over the DTX radar is about to go nuts or they just pack an inordinate amount of lightning for their size...I can hear a nearly-constant roar of thunder and they're still 20 miles away

This is absolutely nuts. I've never heard this much thunder with a tiny non-severe line of storms. It's a really weird scene here, as the skies don't look dark at all, but the thunder is nearly constant and getting quite loud.

This is absolutely nuts. I've never heard this much thunder with a tiny non-severe line of storms. It's a really weird scene here, as the skies don't look dark at all, but the thunder is nearly constant and getting quite loud.

I keep checking the radar every 5 minutes waiting to see a line explode.

I keep checking the radar every 5 minutes waiting to see a line explode.

I doubt it's going to happen, as CAPE still isn't that high. In fact, I think these are probably somewhat elevated. They're just producing a ton of lightning for reasons I'm not smart enough to understand, but it's definitely a really neat effect.

Thunder is decreasing as the storms get closer....totally venturing a wild guess here and I might have no idea what I'm talking about, but maybe wind shear is so high compared to CAPE right that the storms are just getting blown apart and the more elevated part of the storm with more lightning passed over here before the actual storm does.

Again, I'm hearing consistent low, rolling thunder off in the distance even though the nearest storms are 15+ miles away. Maybe it's just more noticeable because of the lack of storms thus far this summer, but I can't really remember hearing thunder that far away before.

S. Oakland country cell missed me just to my south, but I saw some sweet looking towers from it driving home from an errand.

CONFIDENCE IS DROPPING THAT WE

WILL SEE MANY STORMS OVERNIGHT...YET ALONE SEVERE STORMS...BUT

CONTINUED WITH LOW CHANCE POPS TO GIVE THE LLJ A CHANCE TO AIDE IN

SOME DEVELOPMENT LATER ON. LOW TEMPS WILL STAY ELEVATED IN THE LOW

70S OVERNIGHT AS WAA SETS UP WITH SW FLOW AND MID LEVEL RIDGING

AMPLIFYING OVER THE CENTRAL PLAINS BUILDING TOWARD THE GREAT LAKES.

Whoops

Nickel sized hail here, gusty winds, and alot of rain. Nice storm. Looking forward to more later.

Yeah, you got the meat of that cell. In Canton all we got was a brief heavy downpour... though now the sun is fully out, and there are cells popping up to the southeast of Lansing. Let's destablize!

Archived