Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Summer of 2012 BANTER thread...

ag3

:weenie:

However what you have a tendency to do is take the words of one person (in this case, NEExtreme) and apply them to the rest of the forum, thereby falsely accusing the majority of forecasting these things.

Speaking for my own posts, I said that the early July heat wave would be the longest duration heat spell of the month, and that will verify. NYC saw 5 consecutive days of 90F+ in early July. This time they will only see 3 consecutive days.

BTW, NWS point and click now have NYC down near my numbers for Fri-Sun, with upper 70s and low 80s.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However what you have a tendency to do is take the words of one person (in this case, NEExtreme) and apply them to the rest of the forum, thereby falsely accusing the majority of forecasting these things.

Speaking for my own posts, I said that the early July heat wave would be the longest duration heat spell of the month, and that will verify. NYC saw 5 consecutive days of 90F+ in early July. This time they will only see 3 consecutive days.

BTW, NWS point and click now have NYC down near my numbers for Fri-Sun, with upper 70s and low 80s.

The weekend looks nice with temps near 80.

alot of people were saying we HAD seen our hottest temps of the year, not just NEextreme, there were several others. My point is what do people base this on, even you...as we saw today and yesterday things can go extreme with the temperatures pretty quickly. The heat since July 4 has certainly overperformed given what people were saying back then. Last week most had mid 80s to around 90 when it was suppose to be below normal. Now Im in my 4th day of the heatwave and two very hot days that rival any other this year.

This is bull**** every where around me today storm after storm, I feel like im the DT of Summer with the thunderstorm threat this year so far. I haven't had a SINGLE drop of rain today, I have heard a few rumbles here and there but nothing to get excited about. While places 5-6 miles to my south are getting hammered. fook this summer.

This is bull**** every where around me today storm after storm, I feel like im the DT of Summer with the thunderstorm threat this year so far. I haven't had a SINGLE drop of rain today, I have heard a few rumbles here and there but nothing to get excited about. While places 5-6 miles to my south are getting hammered. fook this summer.

I was in Westchester today home sick from work, and there has been next to nothing in Dobbs Ferry.

Great Post.

Good job Heidi jones! Enjoy your climo today and next couple of days.

More to come middle of next week with days getting shorter as we head towards Fall ...lol

oh three days of below normal aint going to make July come anywhere near normal...keep dreaming...back to a bit above normal next week with sun.

still waiting for your epic July cooldown..how are you ANALlogs looking bud

oh three days of below normal aint going to make July come anywhere near normal...keep dreaming...back to a bit above normal next week with sun.

you two should get a room. You are like JB and the late Ken Reeves on point-counterpoint.

Heidi Jones, I never said "EPIC JULY COOL DOWN" :rolleyes:

another day another failed severe weather event for me. the storm shield holds strong! not that i want it to but yesterday was a true kick-in-the-plums. storms all around me and all i could muster is a brief heavy rainshower, some thunder and lightning and that was that. lol if i had $100 for everytime i said i wont get nothing when a big storm comes for me i wouldnt be working :)

another day another failed severe weather event for me. the storm shield holds strong! not that i want it to but yesterday was a true kick-in-the-plums. storms all around me and all i could muster is a brief heavy rainshower, some thunder and lightning and that was that. lol if i had $100 for everytime i said i wont get nothing when a big storm comes for me i wouldnt be working :)

Yea man, i mean the storms nailed the melville/farmingdale area, nailed the south shore along the water...nailed most of nassau north of the southern state, all of queens...they nailed central/eastern suffolk...i saw that line headed to you and i was positive that you would get nailed...not to be...in my area its the opposite, whenever there is severe chance, more likely than not my vicinity seems some sorta of bad storms, north/central nassau FTW

Archived