e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Summer of 2012 BANTER thread...

ag3

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noted, but hopefully, Litchfieldlibations (Joe), f/k/a Northeaster___, won't read your post. Good chance he won't having sold us out to the SNE subforum.

haha that guy is a piece of work.

Our forum has calmed down quite a bit since his days, mainly because Noreaster hasnt had to put out a 1-3 prediction lately...also splitting from the Philly people was a good idea, that caused a good bit of chaos while it lasted.

I generally like field 6. Smaller parking lot, beach is right there (rather than having to walk under the parkway, across cement before you even get to sand). and the ladies. Oh my the ladies.

Ok, I could concede that. But then consider the additional time in selecting the right parking field, i.e. 1 thru 10, and walking from the freakin hot asphalt parking lots, past the concession stands and thru about 1/4 mile of broiling hot white sand, ducking sailing frisbees or moving baseballs, hot bikini laden (but imperonal) women, wailing infants, dead jellyfish (late Aug., early Sept.), to near the high tide line.

haha that guy is a piece of work.

Our forum has calmed down quite a bit since his days, mainly because Noreaster hasnt had to put out a 1-3 prediction lately...also splitting from the Philly people was a good idea, that caused a good bit of chaos while it lasted.

But in fairness to him, he's a nice guy and provided a lot a spirit/energy when he posted here with a positive attitude about living in general. But his focus(obsession) for the moment in the SNE forum appears to centered a lot around avg. temp. departures at popular [to the SNE members] obs. sites in SNE, such as BOS,, ORH and BDL. How interesting can that be?

I wanted to see Phish on July 3rd at Jones Beach but I couldn't get tickets at a reasonable price.

I wish the Dead would play there again, they had some good shows there a few years back

July 3rd was ok, not the best show i have seen. You should have gone to the lot! People were selling them for 20 bucks a pop on shakedown street.

My fiance's father did the licensing for the Dead, like hats, shirts and all...invited Bobby Weir to our wedding, but i doubt he will come.

Our first dance will most likely be Ripple as well...huge Dead heads in the family.

I wanted to see Phish on July 3rd at Jones Beach but I couldn't get tickets at a reasonable price.

I wish the Dead would play there again, they had some good shows there a few years back

July 3rd was ok, not the best show i have seen. You should have gone to the lot! People were selling them for 20 bucks a pop on shakedown street.

My fiance's father did the licensing for the Dead, like hats, shirts and all...invited Bobby Weir to our wedding, but i doubt he will come.

Our first dance will most likely be Ripple as well...huge Dead heads in the family.

Boy, you guys are living in the past listening to that old hippie sh't. I suppose you also listen to crap from old groups or artists like Crosby, Stills and Nash, Blood, Sweat and Tears, The Allman Brothers, Traffic, Eric Clapton and Neal Young. Get in the swing of things and switch to quality artists like Beyonce, Selena, Rihanna and Katy Perry.

Boy, you guys are living in the past listening to that old hippie sh't. I suppose you also listen to crap from old groups or artists like Crosby, Stills and Nash, Blood, Sweat and Tears, The Allman Brothers, Traffic, Eric Clapton and Neal Young. Get in the swing of things and switch to quality artists like Beyonce, Selena, Rihanna and Katy Perry.

Stick to weather bra. Anyone who calls katy perry quality needs their head examined.

Stick to weather bra. Anyone who calls katy perry quality needs their head examined.

That is great advice. You just made me realize that my humor sucks. Fwiw, I wasn't really being serious with that post and am sorry that I didn't indicate that. But I was trying to vent. I really hate the music of most contemporary artists including Katy Perry, Selena, Beyonce and numerous others who I couldn't name including hip hop music and all the variations of it. I have trouble listening to that music. There's no real creative or interesting melodies or rhythm in the majority of this music, and it all seems repetitive, resulting in it being dull and monotonous, so I still listen and cling to the stuff that I grew up with in the 60's and 70's, though a lot of good music also came out in the 80's (i.e. Lionel Richie, Journey, Huey Lewis and the News, The Pretenders, Paul Collins and Stevie Nicks), and some in the 90's (i.e. Dave Matthews).

That is great advice. You just made me realize that my humor sucks. Fwiw, I wasn't really being serious with that post and am sorry that I didn't indicate that. But I was trying to vent. I really hate the music of most contemporary artists including Katy Perry, Selena, Beyonce and numerous others who I couldn't name including hip hop music and all the variations of it. I have trouble listening to that music. There's no real creative or interesting melodies or rhythm in the majority of this music, and it all seems repetitive, resulting in it being dull and monotonous, so I still listen and cling to the stuff that I grew up with in the 60's and 70's, though a lot of good music also came out in the 80's (i.e. Lionel Richie, Journey, Huey Lewis and the News, The Pretenders, Paul Collins and Stevie Nicks), and some in the 90's (i.e. Dave Matthews).

Haha thank.God. its all good.

Listening to xm radio in my new xtera while driving upstate. Some great stations for real music since nyc radio BLOWS

Guest Pamela

I remember how much I enjoyed this song when it came out...

Haha thank.God. its all good.

Listening to xm radio in my new xtera while driving upstate. Some great stations for real music since nyc radio BLOWS

You mean you don't listen to WKTU? WCBS is ok but only plays some of the old top hits and little classic rock.

You guys didn't get that that was sarcasm? :lmao:

The problem with being sarcastic, is doing it effectively in an online interactive forum such as this one, where most people don't personally know the poster so it's difficult to determine what the poster's true intent is. Therefore, you are taking a risk that the others won't "get it." On the other hand, if you tip them off that you're being sarcastic with an emoticon such as ;) , or the abbreviation "lol," then the sarcasm loses it's humerous impact.

There's no real creative or interesting melodies or rhythm in the majority of this music, and it all seems repetitive, resulting in it being dull and monotonous

Hit up Nas for hardcore rap and amazing lyrics.

or Lupe Fiasco for more interesting music and again, amazing lyrics.

or just keep looking around. There's always someone that you can like. Rihanna and Justin Bieber aren't the only music out there, they're just the only music that gets radio play

Hit up Nas for hardcore rap and amazing lyrics.

or Lupe Fiasco for more interesting music and again, amazing lyrics.

or just keep looking around. There's always someone that you can like. Rihanna and Justin Bieber aren't the only music out there, they're just the only music that gets radio play

You are correct. Soothing. Used as lullabies for children.

The problem with being sarcastic, is doing it effectively in an online interactive forum such as this one, where most people don't personally know the poster so it's difficult to determine what the poster's true intent is. Therefore, you are taking a risk that the others won't "get it." On the other hand, if you tip them off that you're being sarcastic with an emoticon such as ;) , or the abbreviation "lol," then the sarcasm loses it's humerous impact.

I knew you were joking as soon as I read that. Maybe b/c I use sarcasm quite a lot in daily life and believe it to be the funniest form of humor. I find that laughing after you say something deflates the funny factor, same goes for online with emoticons.

Plus I would hope most people agree that Rihanna and Katy Perry aren't that great singers. I mean have you heard them live? There are times I think I can sing just as good if not better. There are plenty of good artists out there right now, but those that you mentioned aren't ones that pop into my head.

I knew you were joking as soon as I read that. Maybe b/c I use sarcasm quite a lot in daily life and believe it to be the funniest form of humor. I find that laughing after you say something deflates the funny factor, same goes for online with emoticons.

Plus I would hope most people agree that Rihanna and Katy Perry aren't that great singers. I mean have you heard them live? There are times I think I can sing just as good if not better. There are plenty of good artists out there right now, but those that you mentioned aren't ones that pop into my head.

Note that sarcasm can also be used maliciously, as a weapon - intentionally or inadvertently (or inadvertently on possibly a subconscious level, but let's not get too deep here), by demeaning or humiliating someone, as with all other forms of humor, so forgive me for philosophizing, but if you're not looking to hurt anyone, it should be used carefully.

There are plenty of good artists out there with good voices such as Alicia Keyes (and she even had a hit about 10 years ago that I listen to - "Fallin." It has a nice melody). My problem is not with their voices, but with the absence of any real or distinctive or pleasant sounding melodies in their music (I'm sure there's a way to describe this problem in musical terms). Their songs just seem totally unimaginative and dull when compared to the music of earlier years. And I don't think that this is just a generational frustration.

Archived