Newest Member
    northernriwx
Summer of 2012 BANTER thread...

ag3

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

joe bastardi has been getting shredded by don S in the climate change forum

I don't take much that he says seriously.

Saying that Greenhouse Warming contradicts the 1st law of thermodynamics is mind-boggling.

But that does not mean that GHGs are driving the temperatures of the Earth upward.

My problem is not with their voices, but with the absence of any real or distinctive or pleasant sounding melodies in their music (I'm sure there's a way to describe this problem in musical terms). Their songs just seem totally unimaginative and dull when compared to the music of earlier years. And I don't think that this is just a generational frustration.

you're just far, far behind the times. this was written 100 years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veUJxETj7-c

Guest Pamela

you're just far, far behind the times. this was written 100 years ago:

Atonal music will still be in vogue 19 centuries from now...

I don't take much that he says seriously.

Saying that Greenhouse Warming contradicts the 1st law of thermodynamics is mind-boggling.

But that does not mean that GHGs are driving the temperatures of the Earth upward.

Why would a GREENHOUSE gas warm the Earth if you increase their levels significantly in the atmosphere? Yea I know crazy talk.

joe bastardi has been getting shredded by don S in the climate change forum

JB has been about as bad as he ever gets the past year or so...which is probably part of the AGW hysteria on his part--make a bad seasonal forecast? Take attention away from it by going to another topic! His summer forecast looks to be a disaster for most of the CONUS

I don't understand why JB has this sick obsession with AGW. I guess in a warming world it's pretty tough to amass wealth via forecasting cold and snow day in and day out.

seems like he latched onto the past 5-7 years in earnest. Joe D'Aleo is in the same boat which is probably a bit part of why JB left Accuwx. Maybe it's b/c he's paying so much attention to trying to disprove AGW, but his seasonal forecasts have been just God-Awful. Pretty much the reverse of what he says...he was touting big cooldown in the midwest this month-looks to severely bust on that.

I don't understand why JB has this sick obsession with AGW. I guess in a warming world it's pretty tough to amass wealth via forecasting cold and snow day in and day out.

Forecasting snow and or cold has not been a problem for Europe, Asia, even northern Africa, south america , Alaska, Antarctica and even Australia. Many of these places have had record historic cold recently. The worlds temps are running around average today, however for the year it's actually running below average. Beside your backyard the world is not on fire unless of course you see $$$ then you want the world to be on fire.

Forecasting snow and or cold has not been a problem for Europe, Asia, even northern Africa, south america , Alaska, Antarctica and even Australia. Many of these places have had record historic cold recently. The worlds temps are running around average today, however for the year it's actually running below average. Beside your backyard the world is not on fire unless of course you see $$$ then you want the world to be on fire.

The park was 0.2 degrees below normal last month. Global warming is a hoax.

The world is ending. NYC is warmer then Newark right now and by 2 degrees!

Newark's bias only comes into play when there is full sunshine hitting the weather station.

And NYC's bias only comes into play when its been wet. I have both sites figured out now.

:whistle:

The world is ending. NYC is warmer then Newark right now and by 2 degrees!

Newark's bias only comes into play when there is full sunshine hitting the weather station.

And NYC's bias only comes into play when its been wet. I have both sites figured out now.

:whistle:

sea breeze... ewr is exposed to water immediately to the e/se

Why are people allowed to spread lies on a science board?

"The globally-averaged temperature across land and oceans for the first five months of 2012 was the 11th warmest January–May on record. Of note, the year-to-date global anomalies for 2012 have increased each month as the year has progressed and La Niña conditions waned — January: +0.35°C (+0.65°F); January–February: +0.37°C (+0.67°F); January–March: +0.39°C (+0.70°F); January–April: +0.46°C (+0.83°F); and January–May (+0.50°C (+0.90°F)."

January-May so far rank 9th for Northern Hemisphere land, 10th for global land, and 21st for Southern Hemisphere land. Water is 10/12/15, respectively. Not a single temperature metric anywhere is below average (land or sea).

Source: http://www.ncdc.noaa...bal/2012/5#temp

"The globally-averaged temperature across land and oceans for the first five months of 2012 was the 11th warmest January–May on record. Of note, the year-to-date global anomalies for 2012 have increased each month as the year has progressed and La Niña conditions waned — January: +0.35°C (+0.65°F); January–February: +0.37°C (+0.67°F); January–March: +0.39°C (+0.70°F); January–April: +0.46°C (+0.83°F); and January–May (+0.50°C (+0.90°F)."

January-May so far rank 9th for Northern Hemisphere land, 10th for global land, and 21st for Southern Hemisphere land. Water is 10/12/15, respectively. Not a single temperature metric anywhere is below average (land or sea).

Another gw debate. :facepalm:

But since its been raised again, for upteenth millionth time, I agree with you. The evidence is overwhelming that it does exist, due to the man-made generated increases in greenhouse gases - CO2, since the industrial revolution.

But look at this map it's covered in gray!!1!!1

Another gw debate. :facepalm:

But since its been raised again, for upteenth millionth time, I agree with you. The evidence is overwhelming that it does exist, due to the man-made generated increases in greenhouse gases - CO2, since the industrial revolution.

Well, it is a banter thread, so I figured anything goes, right? ;)

But seriously, it pains me to see outright lies spread and nobody saying anything about them. Might as well call someone's bluff when I see it on, you know, a science board...

Well, it is a banter thread, so I figured anything goes, right? ;)

But seriously, it pains me to see outright lies spread and nobody saying anything about them. Might as well call someone's bluff when I see it on, you know, a science board...

By all means do so. When I see posts like the ones you are referring to I just get tired and give up on even bothering to respond most of the time. It can get overwhelming.

Archived