amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Summer of 2012 BANTER thread...

ag3

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So hot outside. Just got back from the beach. The water was freezing cold but the sand was blistering hot.

I went to Coney Island for the first time yesterday. I thought it was the most disgusting beach I've ever seen. Way too crowded (though it was the 4th, of course), filthy water, filthy sand. Blech. It saddens me that plenty of people think that is what the "beach" looks like.

I went to Coney Island for the first time yesterday. I thought it was the most disgusting beach I've ever seen. Way too crowded (though it was the 4th, of course), filthy water, filthy sand. Blech. It saddens me that plenty of people think that is what the "beach" looks like.

Yea bro, its gross. Furthest west beach i will go to and swim is Long Beach and that is even a stretch. Once you get to jones beach you are more in the clear and Robert Moses is the way to go for cleaner water and some fine tail...

A great beach to go to, which im sure Blizzard knows, is Cedar Beach west of robert moses and east of jones beach, right near Gilgo. Has a huge sand area, at least 50 volleyball courts (they have a league) and a restaurant/bar with live music, which is very rare for the island, unlike the shore. The beach is usually not too crowded because it is 25 bucks per car on weekends, but it is defintely worth the money.

I went to Manhattan Beach with my girlfriend. We went to the beach around 9am. It was really empty .The beach and water was clean . I don't usually go to the beach. I promised her that I will go with her this summer because she loves to go and she wanted me to go with her. I prefer pools instead .

No water or sand here is actually what I would consider to constitute a nice beach. It's usually not the fault of people either; the environment just doesn't support gorgeous beaches. But if I do swim I make due with the east end of the island. Like way east.

I went to Manhattan Beach with my girlfriend. We went to the beach around 9am. It was really empty .The beach and water was clean . I don't usually go to the beach. I promised her that I will go with her this summer because she loves to go and she wanted me to go with her. I prefer pools instead .

I'd rather swim in week old standing water than go to a pool. Do yourself a favor and never visit one of these facilities ever again.

I'd rather swim in week old standing water than go to a pool. Do yourself a favor and never visit one of these facilities ever again.

What facilities? I never go to public pools. I always go in my aunt's pool or when I go on vacation and I go in the hotels pool.

What facilities? I never go to public pools. I always go in my aunt's pool or when I go on vacation and I go in the hotels pool.

Lol ok good. Yea I go into ag3's mom's pool every day lol. It's the only way to cool down in this type of weather if you actually want to be outside.

PATTERN CHANGE ON THE WAY FOR THE NATION! Big cool down coming to the Midwest with lots of heavy rains as whatever heat is left gets pushed to the west coast and likely stays there most of the month. The hottest weather reached over the past 2 weeks and into this weekend will most likely be the hottest part of this summer. Any heat that comes should be very brief and not so hot. Long stretches of near to below normal on the way. Developing nino, +nao, and negative pna...

LOL-this is exactly what JB is saying (and he's been terrible this summer)

better not look at today's euro which shows the Bermuda high building in....

Yea bro, its gross. Furthest west beach i will go to and swim is Long Beach and that is even a stretch. Once you get to jones beach you are more in the clear and Robert Moses is the way to go for cleaner water and some fine tail...

Breezy point is good. I used to live there up until 2005.

Joe B has not been terrible this summer...unless of course you think he'll be right 100% of the time then yes he's been terrible...

but Larry Cosgrove agrees too and I think DT also:

"A very subtle change in the jet stream configuration is underway, promising to rid the center and southern sectors of the nation of its bout with hellish heat. The local Houston outlook, for now, is a "business as usual" proposition for July, warm-to-hot, muggy with the ongoing mention of a thunderstorm. But by July 9, a ridge (Hot) West/trough or weakness (Cool) East alignment should be completed, and probably likely to stay put through the rest of the month. This makes for a tricky forecast, since many locations in the Midwest, Appalachia and the Eastern Seaboard will experience about a week of intense thunderstorm clusters before settling down somewhat. For Texas, however, the possibility of a disturbance arising in the Gulf of Mexico has special importance.

The European model ensembles show a stronger, colder trough complex over the Great Lakes and Northeast, with a wider trans-ridge weakness at 500MB that covers the length of the Gulf of Mexico. At the same time, virtually all of the schemes show impressive tropical waves entering this discontinuity from Cuba and Hispaniola. This is the kind of scenario that may allow for a substantial tropical cyclone threat that targets somewhere along the Gulf Coast, then moves steadily north and northeast along the rim of a Bermuda High. Keep in mind that because there is a developing weak El Nino, our window for a warm-core cyclogenesis event will end in about five weeks. So special attention must be paid in July for hurricane threats or tropically-inspired torrential rain events."

Who can forget the "1-day heat surge" we had during June 20-22, the "good chance NYC wouldn't hit 90 degrees in June", and the back door cold front late last week that "shut off the brief Great Lakes/NE heat"...

Who can forget the "1-day heat surge" we had during June 20-22, the "good chance NYC wouldn't hit 90 degrees in June", and the back door cold front late last week that "shut off the brief Great Lakes/NE heat"...

And who can forget those on here calling for Newark to hit 100 degrees with 100% certainty everytime there was a brief heat wave even on that same day?

Exactly-Jb has completely ignored the heat b/c he didnt forecast it. He missed the 3 weeks of intense heat completely b/c he was going with the JMA which showed a cool period. Horrible bust.

Exactly-Jb has completely ignored the heat b/c he didnt forecast it. He missed the 3 weeks of intense heat completely b/c he was going with the JMA which showed a cool period. Horrible bust.

That's why I stopped following him. If he didn't forecast it, it's almost as if it didn't happen. Now he's calling for a pattern change... this feels like last "winter" all over again.

Rockaway is way better.

+1

Forget CT beaches, this is the only "nearby" beach I'll go to, even if it's a 90 minute drive[from Danbury].

Wow, how fast do you drive or what route do you take? Sometimes, it's taken me 90 minutes to drive from Bay Ridge to the Nassau County line on the Belt Pkway.

Wow, how fast do you drive or what route do you take? Sometimes, it's taken me 90 minutes to drive from Bay Ridge to the Nassau County line on the Belt Pkway.

i could see 90 minutes...coming south on 684 to the throgs neck from danbury is maybe 45 min, then throgs neck to GCP--> Northen state, at the meadowbrook in 20/25 min, then from meadowbrook its 20 min to jones beach...but that is with zero traffic, but 90 min is possible, again, speeding with no traffic...

i could see 90 minutes...coming south on 684 to the throgs neck from danbury is maybe 45 min, then throgs neck to GCP--> Northen state, at the meadowbrook in 20/25 min, then from meadowbrook its 20 min to jones beach...but that is with zero traffic, but 90 min is possible, again, speeding with no traffic...

It also depends on what time of day and on what day you are driving on. if it is a Monday during rush hour then forget about it. but if it is on a Saturday at 8 am then you wil be there in 9 mins.

i could see 90 minutes...coming south on 684 to the throgs neck from danbury is maybe 45 min, then throgs neck [with Easy Pass] to GCP--> Northen state, at the meadowbrook in 20/25 min, then from meadowbrook its 20 min to jones beach...but that is with zero traffic, but 90 min is possible, again, speeding with no traffic...

Ok, I could concede that. But then consider the additional time in selecting the right parking field, i.e. 1 thru 10, and walking from the freakin hot asphalt parking lots, past the concession stands and thru about 1/4 mile of broiling hot white sand, ducking sailing frisbees or moving baseballs, hot bikini laden (but imperonal) women, wailing infants, dead jellyfish (late Aug., early Sept.), to near the high tide line.

Ok, I could concede that. But then consider the additional time in selecting the right parking field, i.e. 1 thru 10, and walking from the freakin hot asphalt parking lots, past the concession stands and thru about 1/4 mile of broiling hot white sand, ducking sailing frisbees or moving baseballs, hot bikini laden (but imperonal) women, wailing infants, dead jellyfish (late Aug., early Sept.), to near the high tide line.

ok so from door to beach spot maybe 105 minutes...still better than any beach in CT!

Archived