• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late June/Early July Extreme Heat Episode

Hoosier

Regarding IND, it's gonna be interesting to watch. 850 mb temps don't get past 25 or 26C which normally wouldn't be enough to get to 107, but the deep mixing and dry soil may act as compensating factors. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get to 105 by about 2 PM and then struggle mightily for the last degree or two but we'll see.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excessive Heat Warnings being dropped for the counties next to the lake. Early morning high of 85°. People are coming outside in the neighborhood!

I think they can drop the warnings for Lake & Cook now! HI only 80° here.

Regarding IND, it's gonna be interesting to watch. 850 mb temps don't get past 25 or 26C which normally wouldn't be enough to get to 107, but the deep mixing and dry soil may act as compensating factors. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get to 105 by about 2 PM and then struggle mightily for the last degree or two but we'll see.

220px-Zippo-Slim-1968-Lit.jpg

Sweltering 103 here at noon. Has to be the most miserable day of the heat wave so far. At least we've got a few congestus towers trying to push up vigorously. I would love a repeat of Monday's outflow boundaries at this point. Anything to take the edge off this all-consuming heat and humidity.

MLI had a bump to 102 between 12-1pm. Record is 105 there, which I don't think they'll get. Still thinking 103 for them.

The front's about to hit CR, but I think they'll finally get their 100. Temps immediately behind the front haven't changed too much, and with CR already at 98 and no cloud cover I think they got it. Iowa City has a shot at 103-104.

Well that was all she wrote here.

Mad it up to 94*F/95*F before the lake breeze/pseudo cold front moved through.

It's back down to 92*F (went down to 91*F) at City Airport now.

Metro Airport is at 97*F.

Unless DTW can somehow sneak to 101F (or higher) before the temps drop, and stay above 76F before midnight (re: rec high mins) we will have made it through this entire heat spell with just one record, that being the record high of 102F on July 4th (also the only 100F reading of the stretch).

Up to 98 in CR.  Gonna be close again.  Just west and north of CR the temp is lower, but the dewpoints jump 10-13 degrees along the front, so it may actually feel more oppressive later today.

How are you guys getting intra-hour data from the reporting sites?

Facebook is one way. Some offices have been updating temps at the major ob sites on there.

Archived