joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late June/Early July Extreme Heat Episode

Hoosier

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last time there were back to back 105's in Indianapolis was 7/24-7/25, 1934.

Never good when you're messing with Dust Bowl temps. 100.2 officially here 10 miles south of Toledo and I have a very accurate thermometer. Even out on Lake Erie was unbearable today over towards Put-In-Bay this morning

It's been a fun ride, but good riddance.

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA

0310 PM EDT SAT JUL 07 2012

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT FORT WAYNE...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 103 DEGREES WAS SET AT FORT WAYNE AS OF

308 PM TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 102 SET IN 1988.

TODAY IS THE 4TH CONSECUTIVE DAY WITH HIGH TEMPERATURES AT OR ABOVE

100 AT FORT WAYNE. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD FOR THE MOST

CONSECUTIVE DAYS WITH TEMPERATURES OF AT LEAST 100 DEGREES WHICH WAS

LAST SET IN 1988.

Cedar Rapids did in fact hit 100 today. MLI hit 104. I believe that's the hottest temp there since 1988. We hit 105 here at the house, but it may be a degree or two too high. Sterling and Rockford both 104.

I just got back from shooting an hour and a half time lapse of the storms to the north/northeast. Totally drenched in sweat.

EDIT: Looks like Rockford actually hit 105. Will have to check later and see if Sterling had an interhour bump.

Lucky!! :lol:

It would be nice to get a shower here.. Actually that shower has to make it to you without dissipating..

Looking outside as the storm was approaching, you could tell by looking outside it was struggling. Nadda a drop on my side of town, but I could smell the rain. Dark clouds were nice to see though. :arrowhead:

88 at LAF. Go back to hell 100's.

Looking outside as the storm was approaching, you could tell by looking outside it was struggling. Nadda a drop on my side of town, but I could smell the rain. Dark clouds were nice to see though. :arrowhead:

Well that's more than I've got.. :cry:

There's always next time. Whenever that is.

Rain? Yeah, maybe someday again.

100's? I'll repeat...seek help. :biggrin:

IND is pretty quiet. Wonder if they intrahour bumped to tie the record possibly...

I'd rather have 100's than an endlessly boring pattern of 80's.

As far as IND, we probably would've heard something if they tied the record.

I'd rather have 100's than an endlessly boring pattern of 80's.

As far as IND, we probably would've heard something if they tied the record.

I just checked on chat. The last mention they made on temperature was at 2:51. It was 104 then and they reported the high so far was 105 at that time. So I would say, no, they probably didn't make it.

I just checked on chat. The last mention they made on temperature was at 2:51. It was 104 then and they reported the high so far was 105 at that time. So I would say, no, they probably didn't make it.

Thanks man.

I thought they'd get there with the fast start...but kudos to Hoosier on telling me late last night that 850 temps probably wouldn't support 106 or higher.

As I expected, back up to 96 at LAF at 7:00pm. HUF sitting at 104º at 7:00pm. They've had just about as an impressive run as EVV IMO.

Thanks man.

I thought they'd get there with the fast start...but kudos to Hoosier on telling me late last night that 850 temps probably wouldn't support 106 or higher.

As I expected, back up to 96 at LAF at 7:00pm. HUF sitting at 104º at 7:00pm. They've had just about as an impressive run as EVV IMO.

IND did have some clouds per the obs. How much it restricted the sun there, who knows.

Thanks man.

Something else that is impressive at HUF is that they had a storm hit at about 4 PM, dropping the temp 20°, was up to 95° by 5 PM and are back up to 104 now.

They did hit 106 for a high.

Something else that is impressive at HUF is that they had a storm hit at about 4 PM, dropping the temp 20°, was up to 95° by 5 PM and are back up to 104 now.

They did hit 106 for a high.

Yeah wow, I had no idea they had a storm hit today. Very impressive.

Archived