• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Summer 2012

dryslot

WTF are you talking about? I do get it. I want nothing to do with 40's for lows at nighttime in summer. it takes away all the fun and enjoyment of the summer vibe and feel. Having to wear jackets and sweatshirts at night in summer is not what I want. Shorts and tees and warmth..Not worrying about if I'm gonna be cold or not. Water temps in pools and lakes cool off..there's nothing I like abut that.

Just like in winter I don't want mild, warm wx where I have to not wear a jacket. You want seasons to perform as seasons.

I think it's you who doesn;t get it

You may be the only person in this subforum like that. Well I guess LL.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF are you talking about? I do get it. I want nothing to do with 40's for lows at nighttime in summer. it takes away all the fun and enjoyment of the summer vibe and feel. Having to wear jackets and sweatshirts at night in summer is not what I want. Shorts and tees and warmth..Not worrying about if I'm gonna be cold or not. Water temps in pools and lakes cool off..there's nothing I like abut that.

Just like in winter I don't want mild, warm wx where I have to not wear a jacket. You want seasons to perform as seasons.

:weenie:

I'm talking about at nite.. Not many want cold nights in summer

People like to sleep comfortably with windows open. I've never heard anyone complain about a refreshing night in the summer, nor have I ever heard anyone say, "I hope it doesn't get below 80 tonight, I really want to sweat all night."

I'm talking about at nite.. Not many want cold nights in summer

You obviously would be miserable if you lived up here, while the majority of us love it. Summertime in NNE: Cool nights, sea breezes to take the edge off of a very warm day... ahhhhh. Better than sweat running in rivulets down my backside. No shaw or sweatshirt for me during the summer months.

I go through most of the winter with just a jacket on when out and about. Acclimatized from living ~400 miles north of the Arctic Circle for 4 years while manning a radar station in Point Barrow, AK during the early 80's.

People like to sleep comfortably with windows open. I've never heard anyone complain about a refreshing night in the summer, nor have I ever heard anyone say, "I hope it doesn't get below 80 tonight, I really want to sweat all night."

This is also coming from a guy who doesn't even experience the night because he goes to bed at sunset.

Dont you wear shorts even when it is 50s during the day? You dont even have a lake... Do you even have a pool?

Will you let early fall perform like early fall or are your only seasons winter and summer?

If you live without air conditioning like 90% of the people up here, you really enjoy the cool nights. I'm sure anyone in the city without air conditioning would feel the same way. To me there's just something wrong about wishing for hot nights when you spend the whole night inside, sleeping in a nice 63F climate controlled room.

If you really enjoy hot nights, turn off that AC and sweat through your sheets a couple times when it's 80 and humid at midnight, then see how you feel. Same thing for folks craving 100/70 temps but then sit in a climate controlled house all day.

If you live without air conditioning like 90% of the people up here, you really enjoy the cool nights. I'm sure anyone in the city without air conditioning would feel the same way. To me there's just something wrong about wishing for hot nights when you spend the whole night inside, sleeping in a nice 63F climate controlled room.

If you really enjoy hot nights, turn off that AC and sweat through your sheets a couple times when it's 80 and humid at midnight, then see how you feel. Same thing for folks craving 100/70 temps but then sit in a climate controlled house all day.

Kevin just wants extreme weather when summer is actually the least extreme season here in New England.

To me there's just something wrong about wishing for hot nights when you spend the whole night inside, sleeping in a nice 63F climate controlled room.

You like cold but I'm pretty sure you heat your house to a comfortable level in the winter. Why is making your home comfortable in the summer frowned upon?

You like cold but I'm pretty sure you heat your house to a comfortable level in the winter. Why is making your home comfortable in the summer frowned upon?

Heat is something we all have to do in the winter. We have no choice. Summers here are the time to go outdoors more often and spend time away from being kept indoors. Cool comfortable sleeping weather on a summer night is appreciated by many I think.

Heat is something we all have to do in the winter. We have no choice. Summers here are the time to go outdoors more often and spend time away from being kept indoors. Cool comfortable sleeping weather on a summer night is appreciated by many I think.

Sleep is important, every night. I guess I just don't see comfortable sleeping conditions as something I'm going to leave to chance. Especially when a bedroom window A/C is not very expensive, easy to install and uses a whole 530 watts-- costing 40-50 cents a day if you choose to run it while sleeping.

I might just be a sleeping temperature snob.

Sleep is important, every night. I guess I just don't see comfortable sleeping conditions as something I'm going to leave to chance. Especially when a bedroom window A/C is not very expensive, easy to install and uses a whole 530 watts-- costing 40-50 cents a day if you choose to run it while sleeping.

Oh, I am with you on that. But this week (even back to last week) it has been great at night. No AC needed

Our electric bill went up a little due to the A/C but I prefer not to run it. But I think now I am also used to the noise. Maybe I need a white noise generator or something.

I'm an A/C snob as well. I guess when we can sleep with our windows open....it's nice to take advantage of the fresh air when we have it...instead of dealing with A/C. I love doing that....it's not very easy to do where I am.....but I also like it cooler than most people.

There's nothing wrong with it, I just find it funny when people post on here that they want it to be ridiculously hot and then sit in air conditioning all day or night. If you want hot, open your windows and enjoy it. I like cold but just cold enough to snow...I never root for those -30C at H85 airmasses because I know I have to go out in it. I'll take -10C at H85 all winter long and that'd be fine.

We all need to heat our places in the winter to avoid things like frozen pipes. And I'd bet that my place is colder in the winter than many would find "comfortable" haha...I like having windows open from time to time in the winter and usually keep my place in the 50s (I like hoodies and fleece-lined pants haha).

I'm not going to say I dont use heat because I do but it's more necessary to climate control in winter than in summer, IMO.

Plus, as many know, I spend more time outdoors in some very cold temps (6-8hrs a day, 6-7 days per week) than probably 99% of the population...trust me there are the -50F windchill days that I'd rather not go out, but its what I'm paid to do in the winter so I take the good days with brutal days.

Archived