Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NNE Summer 2012

dryslot

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rain!

Yesterday's 3 PM TS dropped 0.20", about 4x my guess from the dwindling radar, and my wife said it was fairly noisy. Sprinkles 7 PM as we finsihed planting perennials (late season bargains) in the front garden. A longer and gentler TS brought moderate RA 10-11 PM, then showers all night, heaviest 5-6 this morning, total including yest aft is 1.52". Drove thru +RA from Belgrade to the top of Sand Hill in AUG, occasional flashes of lightning too but road/rain/wiper (2nd gear) noise obliterated the thunder. Mercifully it was -RA as I walked in from the parking lot, and it looks to have stopped, with gathering fog now in AUG.

0.92" total from last night. Not too shabby.

All is gray and soupy this morning.

Hope you folks who need it, get it.

Supposed to go to an outdoor concert in Burlington tonight. Should be interesting...

Now we are usually pretty close, but I had .92" in my rain gauge this morning as well. Some of that came this morning with heavy downpours and rumbles of thunder.

Good luck with that concert!!

Rain!

Yesterday's 3 PM TS dropped 0.20", about 4x my guess from the dwindling radar, and my wife said it was fairly noisy. Sprinkles 7 PM as we finsihed planting perennials (late season bargains) in the front garden. A longer and gentler TS brought moderate RA 10-11 PM, then showers all night, heaviest 5-6 this morning, total including yest aft is 1.52". Drove thru +RA from Belgrade to the top of Sand Hill in AUG, occasional flashes of lightning too but road/rain/wiper (2nd gear) noise obliterated the thunder. Mercifully it was -RA as I walked in from the parking lot, and it looks to have stopped, with gathering fog now in AUG.

Congrats, I could hear your plants crying for their momma, We had .23" here overnight, Another close miss

Congrats, I could hear your plants crying for their momma, We had .23" here overnight, Another close miss

Almost all the tomatos are still green, so they should avoid the rainy-day splits. Too late for the cucurbits, though, except for the volunteer (probably a "pumpkini") from last year's compost.

I think you got bracketed again, with many 1"+ reports both north and south. One hopes a more widespread precip field today/tonight will fix that.

Now we are usually pretty close, but I had .92" in my rain gauge this morning as well. Some of that came this morning with heavy downpours and rumbles of thunder.

Good luck with that concert!!

Ha-ha, nice. Over in Chelsea, VT where things trained more than here, 1.91" was reported. Union Village only came in at under 0.50" from what I saw.

We didn't get much more than a few sprinkles with the early morning batch that went up the valley but I saw it on the radar over your way. Anyway we can get it.

0.92" total from last night. Not too shabby.

All is gray and soupy this morning.

Hope you folks who need it, get it.

Supposed to go to an outdoor concert in Burlington tonight. Should be interesting...

Old Crow Medicine show at Waterfront Park?

I know a few folks going to that... also know a few who are floating in kayaks in the bay and listening to the music; hopefully the weather cooperates.

Here's BTV's precip map from the last 24 hours:

Both CoCoRAHS observers in Stowe are showing 0.63" and 0.66" respectively in southern Lamoille County so looks like we got in the vicinity of 2/3rds of an inch. You can see how amounts increase quickly from Stowe to points SE with that spot in NW Orange County over 2".

Old Crow Medicine show at Waterfront Park?

I know a few folks going to that... also know a few who are floating in kayaks in the bay and listening to the music; hopefully the weather cooperates.

Old Crow indeed. I'm not a huge fan but they're pretty good and it's always fun to get out of the woods once in a while. We've got a whole contingent from Corinth caravaning up to Burlington this afternoon. I'll be bringing a raincoat. I don't own an umbrella but I might want think about picking one up today, lol.

We've seen them before--the new Higher Ground and maybe one other place/time...can't remember at the moment.

The kayak idea sounds pretty fun. Tough to pee though.

Radar really filling in down in NJ. Gon' be a wet one later on.

Almost all the tomatos are still green, so they should avoid the rainy-day splits. Too late for the cucurbits, though, except for the volunteer (probably a "pumpkini") from last year's compost.

I think you got bracketed again, with many 1"+ reports both north and south. One hopes a more widespread precip field today/tonight will fix that.

Yeah, We missed to the NW on the cell that rolled thru around 1:00 am, Today does look like it will bring a better opportunity and tonight as well....

I was pretty sure yesterday afternoon that those trainers that went through Dendrite's neighborhood were bound for here. But, they kept sliding east as they came up. Ended up with only 0.23" here yesterday, so 1.15" event total.

Was drizzly at the start of the show in Burlington last night but that quickly passed and after a spell, we could actually see some stars out there. A nice southerly came up too to freshen and move the close heavy air.

I sure hope the Sultans of Swamp are happy.

Archived