northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
NNE Summer 2012

dryslot

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need that rain. Noticed today some of the birches in my backyard are about 50% bright yellow from drought stress.

The 40-45dbz pixels over me are sucky. Just light rain at 0.15"/hr.

Up to .17" so far

betula and populus are the most drought sensitive trees...it's rather annoying...my triple birch basically went into almost full gold fall foliage display a little over a week ago...now it only has 25% of its leaves remaining...

our beetle traps at work are getting clogged with populus leaves...can't catch beetles if the traps are clogged...grrr!!!!

betula and populus are the most drought sensitive trees...it's rather annoying...my triple birch basically went into almost full gold fall foliage display a little over a week ago...now it only has 25% of its leaves remaining...

Funny...I noticed the exact same thing on some birches at CON today.

58 for a low here and just a trace of drizzle yesterday morning after obs time.

Feels juicy out there this morning. BTV advertising the potential for slow moving showers and storms today that could be heavy producers--more to the south but they still have us at 80% this afternoon. Better get some work done this morning then.

Some nice TCU over Gunstock right now. Orographics will have a say today.

Yeah it has the feel of slow movers that initiate over the mountains...the peaks will provid the sparks. Also one of those patterns where some basin will just get crushed with like 2-4" of rain in a short period prompting isolated FFW in the hilly terrain.

Yeah it has the feel of slow movers that initiate over the mountains...the peaks will provid the sparks. Also one of those patterns where some basin will just get crushed with like 2-4" of rain in a short period prompting isolated FFW in the hilly terrain.

Yeah VT and the Berks are probably under the gun. Gonna be one hell of a downpour for some.

Pretty wild. I was up on the scaffolding shingling away when slowly but growing, I could hear a roar off to the south. There wasn't a breath of wind out there and I wondered if maybe it was heavy rain on the ridgeline just south of here. Walked over through the woods to the edge of the field where I can actually get a view this time of year and sure enough, it was pouring no more than 1/2 mile south of here. Now, it's finally starting to blossom overhead. Raining as I type.

Up to 0.01 for the day at a rain rate of like .004 per hour.

Pretty wild. I was up on the scaffolding shingling away when slowly but growing, I could hear a roar off to the south. There wasn't a breath of wind out there and I wondered if maybe it was heavy rain on the ridgeline just south of here. Walked over through the woods to the edge of the field where I can actually get a view this time of year and sure enough, it was pouring no more than 1/2 mile south of here. Now, it's finally starting to blossom overhead. Raining as I type.

I love this sort of thing so much. I live across from a large marina with tons of metal boat storage buildings. Big fat drops on them makes an awesome racket, especially at night when it's quiet.

I love this sort of thing so much. I live across from a large marina with tons of metal boat storage buildings. Big fat drops on them makes an awesome racket, especially at night when it's quiet.

I could see that. Or, hear it rather. ;)

I think what I heard was the shower approching and hitting all the leaves on the trees. It was very odd--it was just a low roar that got louder and louder until finally it was raining overhead. I thought it was wind coming at first but the trees were hardly moving. Then I started to wonder if it was rain falling and sure enough, it was.

Ended up with 0.55" here. It rained pretty hard for a while but in the end, didn't last that long--less than two hours I would say. Minimal run-off, luckily.

All is swampy, slimey and foggy this morning. Great slug weather.

We've been missing the rains the past couple days and had more sun than I expected. Got down to 58F last night and now partly sunny and 69F.

Drier air off to the west last night with SLK down in the 40s overnight and St Lawerance Valley near 50F overnight...with dews about 10F lower than VT.

Archived