CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
June observations and discussions...

ag3

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

todays high temp could end up 63 degrees recorded just after midnight...It would become the third lowest max for this date...When was the last time we had a day with a max or min in the top three coldest?...2003 had a max of 57 with 2" of rain...1945 had a max of 52 during the coldest June week on record...

I kno it has been a warm.spring...but the rain has killed me during the week...pouring here...never fails to rain every week

yeah, getting another downpour right now. Looks like my sons baseball game in Edison will be rained out today.

Most stations are -.3 to +2.0 so far in June with .50" to 1.25" of rain.

This entire week should yield some pretty big negative departures but the heat appears like it is returning by next week. Euro and its ensembles both point to a warmer period, starting next week, with a fairly substantial ridge for the east.

The euro ensembles try to bring back a SE based -NAO towards mid-month, but that remains to be seen.

Since May 21st, NYC has recorded rain in 13 out of 15 days, including today.

Also 24 out the last 35 days have recorded measurable rain (since May 1st).

And amazingly, the month of May still finished with a well above normal temperature, despite rain on the majority of days.

Also 24 out the last 35 days have recorded measurable rain, since May 1st.

And amazingly, May still finished well above normal temperature, despite rain on the majority of days.

when you have fog, clouds, and east winds keeping your overnight lows 10 degrees above normal, that isn't hard to do.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if we're running above normal by the 15th or the 20th depending on how hot it gets next week

Most stations are -.3 to +2.0 so far in June with .50" to 1.25" of rain.

This entire week should yield some pretty big negative departures but the heat appears like it is returning by next week. Euro and its ensembles both point to a warmer period, starting next week, with a fairly substantial ridge for the east.

The euro ensembles try to bring back a SE based -NAO towards mid-month, but that remains to be seen.

Also 24 out the last 35 days have recorded measurable rain (since May 1st).

And amazingly, the month of May still finished with a well above normal temperature, despite rain on the majority of days.

when you have fog, clouds, and east winds keeping your overnight lows 10 degrees above normal, that isn't hard to do.

The much warmer than normal SST's to our east probably helped out also.

The really warm SST's to our east probably helped out also.

yuppers. The oceans are on fire. There are already reports of fish, especially sharks much further north then they should be this time of year. Gonna be an early bluefin tuna season.

yuppers. The oceans are on fire. There are already reports of fish, especially sharks much further north then they should be this time of year. Gonna be an early bluefin tuna season.

Tuna are already in. 30-40 miles south of Long Island.

But that's pretty normal. They usually show up in late May. Sharks are also in full force off Long Island. But again, that's pretty normal for this time of year.

Tuna are already in. 30-40 miles south of Long Island.

But that's pretty normal. They usually show up in late May. Sharks are also in full force off Long Island. But again, that's pretty normal for this time of year.

they are much further north than that.

they are much further north than that.

Not really. Contacts from the Cape area report slow bluefin tuna fishing. Stripers have barely showed up north of Rhode Island so far also. They are stacked though in the LI sound, and last week a 75 pound beast was caught by the CT River spawning area.

The past 4 trips for me and crew (since May29th) have yielded 64 keeper striped bass, fishing in the western LI sound and for the year over 150 stripers so far. A fabulous year and its not even the peak yet for the LI sound.

Best news for me is that the water temps have fallen from 69 to 63 degrees and that will keep the stripers in my area for at least another 3-4 weeks. Excited.

Coastal waters around LI and the LI sound are currently running 2-4 degrees above normal, as of today.

Waters north of LI and into SNE and Maine are currently -1 to +2.

The huge + departures are closing the gap, over the past month.

Coastal waters around LI and the LI sound are currently running 2-4 degrees above normal, as of today.

Waters north of LI and into SNE and Maine are currently -1 to +2.

The huge + departures are closing the gap, over the past month.

They tend to fluctuate with the weather. If it's cool and wet like it will be the next few days, the waters will not warm or will even cool off a bit, but if we get into the 90s and sun for a few days, the immediate surface temps will definitely shoot up. Temps could easily drop to normal or even slightly below by this weekend only to shoot up to well above normals once the heat and ridging return.

deluge in Belle Mead this morning but just to our north in Somerville virtually nothing, picked the wrong houses to start cutting this morning, now headed back out

I for one am tired of the rain, hope a nice dry type pattern where we can go 2-3 weeks without rain sets in. Loving the long range showing heat, those who enjoy rain and clouds every day enjoy it while you can

deluge in Belle Mead this morning but just to our north in Somerville virtually nothing, picked the wrong houses to start cutting this morning, now headed back out

I for one am tired of the rain, hope a nice dry type pattern where we can go 2-3 weeks without rain sets in. Loving the long range showing heat, those who enjoy rain and clouds every day enjoy it while you can

Continue to ignore the fact that the long range also shows a lot of rain, don't you?

We've been lucky to salvage most weekends or most of the weekends the last month and a half since the April 22nd noreaster. Overall its been a wetter than normal and much cloudier than normal pattern outside the weekends. Looks like ridging will build in over the weekend setting the stage for a warm - hot next week. Looks like we may be on the rim of the ridge for a time offering more storm potential - sort of like Memorial Day weekend, before it centers over the east coast by the 12th. The truogh does look to persist into the west and that should allow the east to remain above normal. Also guidance has been hinting at the western atlantic ridge building west towards the middle of the month and that could offer more humid/stormy pattern with potential stalled front....

Sitting at 60 here on June 4th.

Last year we were coming up on a June heat wave.

Newark hit 92, 99 and 102 degrees on May 7, 8 + 9.

I was just looking at the dailies from last June ( I think you meant Jine). From there the month turned stormy then the July - early August inferno materialized.

Archived