• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
June observations and discussions...

ag3

If I remember correctly that was also the case last Weds/Thurs when temps were lower than modeled but dew points were higher. 3rd time this year the NAM had 100 degree heat near NYC and busted too high.

There were several runs the past couple days that had 100+ for everyone in the NYC vicinity and as high as 102 degrees.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LGA still at 93 at 10pm. That's the same as Central Park's high of the day.

Newark still at 91 also.

I'm wondering if the overcast courtesy of the MCS to our south will result in warmer than progged lows tonight. Looks like we'll be cloudy for the next several hours.

5am roundup. Should clear out from the first system by sunrise but cant see how we dont deal with at least clouds from the second area of storms over MI slowly approaching pa by the early afternoon.

TEB: 75

NYC: 79

EWR: 81

LDJ: 82

LGA: 83

JFK: 77

ISP:

BLM: 77

TTN: 74

5am roundup. Should clear out from the first system by sunrise but cant see how we dont deal with at least clouds from the second area of storms over MI slowly approaching pa by the early afternoon.

TEB: 75

NYC: 79

EWR: 81

LDJ: 82

LGA: 83

JFK: 77

ISP:

BLM: 77

TTN: 74

They will be in PA before the early afternoon.

Who knows, maybe these two days will become known as the 'Daily Double Derecho'.

They will be in PA before the early afternoon.

Who knows, maybe these two days will become known as the 'Daily Double Derecho'.

i meant here by earl afternoon - maybe slice a bi south but clouds will seemingly have to move through here.

We just had a trough produce a 3 day stretch that registered a -18 total departure. Can you stop posting nonsense. -18 in 3 days is a big cool down for late June. Also, Newark and NYC are on the cusp of registering their 1st negative departure month in over a year. Also very impressive with all this big heat lately.

I posted what the euro shows. Which is normal weather Monday-Wednesday. Followed by intense 100+ degree heat for Thursday thru Saturday and then a monster trough that brings below normal weather.

I'm not making a forecast. Many people want to know details of the euro and I gave it.

So stop posting the same crap over and over. Post in the banter thread. Not here.

Not to mention the trough produced massive record Lows : http://iceagenow.info/2012/06/massive-number-record-lows-summer/

Well so much for seeing extreme heat. No 100s this time. It's still hot but not incredibly so, how much of an impact will clouds have on temps later today?

looks to be a couple of hours maybe they'll clip us to the north.

NAM is lower 90's for today. Max of 95 around Newark.

That would keep Newark negative for the month of June, remarkably.

interesting contrast with the strong negatives in earlu/mid/late june and the strong positives to tend the month. June had soemthing for everyone this year. Last year finished near normal also as did 2002 and 2006.

interesting contrast with the strong negatives in earlu/mid/late june and the strong positives to tend the month. June had soemthing for everyone this year. Last year finished near normal also as did 2002 and 2006.

reminds me when I was a teenager back in the 1960's when the first week of vacation was hot...

1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968 had heat waves the last few days of June or and or the first days of July...

1963...6/24 to 7/2...7 of 9 days over 90 ( four of them over 95) with the max of 98 on 7/1...

1964...6/27 to 7/3...6 of 7 days over 90 with two 99 degrees days on 6/30 and 7/1...

1965...6/21 to 6/29... 4 of the 9 days above 90 with a 95 max on the 29th...

1966...6/21 to 7/14... 19 of 24 days 90 or higher...7 days 95 or higher...4 days 100 or higher...

1967... had one 90 on 6/25......

1968...6/30 to 7/2...three days in a row over 90 with a 97 max on 7/1...

Archived