wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
June observations and discussions...

ag3

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

108F at Petersburg, Va at 4 and 5pm, looks a bit too high, especially since surrounding locations, i.e. Richmond, hasn't exceeded 104F (102 at 5pm).

KPTB 292035Z AUTO 00000KT 10SM CLR 42/17 A2972 RMK AO2

KPTB 292015Z AUTO 26005KT 7SM CLR 42/16 A2973 RMK AO2

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY

433 PM EDT FRI JUN 29 2012

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT LAGUARDIA NY...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 98 DEGREES WAS SET AT LAGUARDIA NY

TODAY. THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 98 SET IN 1959.

haven't learned your lesson..lol

We just had a trough produce a 3 day stretch that registered a -18 total departure. Can you stop posting nonsense. -18 in 3 days is a big cool down for late June. Also, Newark and NYC are on the cusp of registering their 1st negative departure month in over a year. Also very impressive with all this big heat lately.

I posted what the euro shows. Which is normal weather Monday-Wednesday. Followed by intense 100+ degree heat for Thursday thru Saturday and then a monster trough that brings below normal weather.

I'm not making a forecast. Many people want to know details of the euro and I gave it.

So stop posting the same crap over and over. Post in the banter thread. Not here.

We just had a trough produce a 3 day stretch that registered a -18 total departure. Can you stop posting nonsense. -18 in 3 days is a big cool down for late June. Also, Newark and NYC are on the cusp of registering their 1st negative departure month in over a year. Also very impressive with all this big heat lately.

I posted what the euro shows. Which is normal weather Monday-Wednesday. Followed by intense 100+ degree heat for Thursday thru Saturday and then a monster trough that brings below normal weather.

I'm not making a forecast. Many people want to know details of the euro and I gave it.

So stop posting the same crap over and over. Post in the banter thread. Not here.

+1

12z euro ensembles also have a big time trough after a heat ridge starting next weekend. We'll see if it pans out this time.

It panned out this week but only lasted 3 days and produced -18 departures. We shall see if this next one is more sustainable.

18z GFS likes the prolonged trough idea also now after next week.

I think the mean trough idea will be more right than wrong for the Northeast. It fits the pattern evolving thus far, with most of the country from the Rockies-OH valley baking, cool in the PAC NW and resistance in the NE. With the Nino beginning to show some legs and continued neg SOI pulsing, I highly doubt we see sustained extreme heat like the Southeast and Plains/Central US. Bursts of 2-3 day heat yes, much like June, but I think most days will be near normal.

My high was 94 here. I definitely think the wet soils play a role in diminishing the severity of our heat. Given 850s, the potential for 97-98 even here in Monmouth was certainly there. The Moist ground probably knocked a solid 3 degrees off. I think I may be hotter tomorrow.

My high was 94 here. I definitely think the wet soils play a role in diminishing the severity of our heat. Given 850s, the potential for 97-98 even here in Monmouth was certainly there. The Moist ground probably knocked a solid 3 degrees off. I think I may be hotter tomorrow.

All ensembles and Gfs/Euro break the heat for the southeast as well. Centers the mega heat further west and into the plains.

Highs and lows of the day:

NYC: 93/68

LGA: 98/72

JFK: 92/71

EWR: 97/72

Estimated departures:

NYC: +5.5

LGA: +9

JFK: +7.5

EWR: +8.5

EWR would be -11.1 for the month going into the last day.

NYC would be -22 going into tomorrow.

Both EWR and NYC have a good shot at a negative month. NYC is a guaranteed lock. Newark has a greater then 75% chance, if you ask me. All other stations, LGA, JFK, ISP and BDR are done and will finish slightly positive.

good post, things change on a dime, there were posts earlier this week that said no heat this weekend, I can dig them up if you wish. A model giveth then taketh away then giveth and taketh away. There is a different solution every day. We had 3 days of trough but if you read this board we were expecting maybe a week of it and this heat certainly was not forecasted long range either. We are not even done with the heatwave yet moving on to the next cooldown, then heatwave, then cooldown. IMHO, its a little too early to jump on model run to runs

TEB: 96

NYC: 93

EWR: 97

LDJ: 97

LGA: 98

JFK: 93

ISP: 93

TTN: 96

PHL: 98

ACY: 94

I'd say this was a decent bust by the NAM, but by the GFS as well, at least for the city. Seems the NAM was more wrong since it had widespread 100's and no one actually cracked 100.

good post, things change on a dime, there were posts earlier this week that said no heat this weekend, I can dig them up if you wish. A model giveth then taketh away then giveth and taketh away. There is a different solution every day. We had 3 days of trough but if you read this board we were expecting maybe a week of it and this heat certainly was not forecasted long range either. We are not even done with the heatwave yet moving on to the next cooldown, then heatwave, then cooldown. IMHO, its a little too early to jump on model run to runs

Nobody is moving on to anywhere. We are discussing what models and ensembles show. Which is what weather enthusiasts do. Not sure why you get so upset. Enjoy the heat.

I'd say this was a decent bust by the NAM, but by the GFS as well, at least for the city. Seems the NAM was more wrong since it had widespread 100's and no one actually cracked 100.

dewpoints didn't mix out like the nam was showing

Not sure what you're talking about. Many of us here in this forum discussed the potential for major late June heat as early as 3-4 weeks ago. If anything, we've been focusing on the heat more than the cool.

Archived