Newest Member
    joxey
June 2012 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice picture, Tropical!

Actually I found my pair of IR sunglasses that did the trick nicely in conjunction with binoculars. Had no way of taking a picture, but I could definitely see the dark circle of Venus in the northern hemisphere on the sun! (Like the pic above, but in a purple tint) Sun getting a little low into the trees to get a good view now. Glad today was clear!

The 48º this morning at LAF is the third sub 50º minimum temp of this June (two other min temps of 50º as well). Have to go back to 2004 the last time there were at least three in June. The previous two Junes had no sub 50º min temps. Matter of fact, June 2010 only had four min temps sub 60º.

Anyways, despite the boring run of weather this Spring and very early Summer locally, this start to June has been beautiful (temp wise) in my book. Looks like my luck is about to run out though...

We need rain. I know we had some in the past, but these days of low humidity and full sun, cool nights and hot days is just sucking the moisture out of the ground. I had to water again today. Gorgeous out side, but I'll take a tstorm or 10 at this point...

I've seen 5 baby bunnies in my garden so far (they must all be brothers/sisters)...that can't be good. Must be a bumper crop.

This weather can't get any more awesome IMO! High 72°, mostly clear skies, low humidity! Feels like early Autumn. Down in the mid 50s already... probably be in the 40s again tonight.

:thumbsup:

Gonna get hot again starting Friday though.. Hot and dry, hot and dry, hot and dry, hot and dry for the foreseeable future. Yuck... Boring.. :thumbsdown:

:thumbsup:

Gonna get hot again starting Friday though.. Hot and dry, hot and dry for the foreseeable future. Yuck... :thumbsdown:

I was gonna say, not hot tomorrow! 72° for tomorrow also. What about the EURO cool down on Wednesday... is that still there?

Edit: 70s again by Tuesday. Not too much heat.

We do need rain though.

Archived