joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2012 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm just asking to be mocked by posting the 192 hour GFS...but the next week is looking so quiet that I'm sure this will be the next bit of excitement in a week or so, although the exact set-up could obviously change.

GFS.png

Meh. Good setup for northern Wisconsin and Minnesota, yet again. Probably another trailing cold front with no forcing and a lake shadow over western MI. Maybe a couple microcells will wet the pavement in a few spots. If it gets even dryer I can look forward to a dust storm crossing lake Michigan. :o

^^^Sounds like you need to take that lady out on a date.

This weather is amazing for working outside.

It's okay. She likes boring and predictable. She says that's one reason that she married me. We do go out on dates. That's part of my routine.

Until the middle of last summer, and for 5 years previous, I also worked outdoors and loved this weather. I'm kind of getting bored with it now. With very little spring severe activity and even fewer snow storms to track, the past year or so hasn't been the best for this weenie.

My wife says that I should love this weather since I am boring and predictable, but she doesn't understand that I'm not like that when it comes to my interest in weather extremes.

It's like a weather weenie living in San Diego..

That seems kind of mean for her to say that.

Stupid hard drive died on my Dell Latitude. Second one to die on me. I'm using the freezer method to see if i can get some pictures off of it...its sitting on a pack of frozen hot dogs right now :weenie: :weenie: Still under warranty, but i want my data!

More of the same weather...we did have some rain last night, but it didn't add up to much.

My wife says that I should love this weather since I am boring and predictable, but she doesn't understand that I'm not like that when it comes to my interest in weather extremes.

It's like a weather weenie living in San Diego..

Whatever... "Boring" is in the eye of the beholder. I find watching professional sports boring, but most men don't agree with me.

Stupid hard drive died on my Dell Latitude. Second one to die on me. I'm using the freezer method to see if i can get some pictures off of it...its sitting on a pack of frozen hot dogs right now :weenie: :weenie: Still under warranty, but i want my data!

More of the same weather...we did have some rain last night, but it didn't add up to much.

Ugh. I hate it when that happens.

Often it is possible to get data off a dead hard drive, if you're willing to shell out money to someone who does that sort of thing. It's a pain in the ass though which is why I just duplicate my hard drive on my external device every time I upload, download, or create something important. There's also internet services to do constant backup but my connection kinda slow so I'd rather not bother with that.

Though I may be in the minority, I have to say, on a scale of 1-10 today gets a 9 from me for a June day. Cloudiness doesnt bother me...High in the upper 60s is perfect :)

Yeah you're probably in the minority there bud :P

Though I may be in the minority, I have to say, on a scale of 1-10 today gets a 9 from me for a June day. Cloudiness doesnt bother me...High in the upper 60s is perfect :)

If I was on a midnight today I would agree, because it is good sleeping weather, however I am not so, I disagree today. :P

Archived