SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2012 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That line died out Stebo as it crossed the Ohio/Indiana/Michigan triple point into northwest Ohio. Not a single drop of rain here.

Surprising because when it hit Lake Erie it had lightning, sadly that is how diurnally driven stuff can be. Good in one place and downstream miss out.

Surprising because when it hit Lake Erie it had lightning, sadly that is how diurnally driven stuff can be. Good in one place and downstream miss out.

Yep. I got .3" for multiple small showers yesterday that appeared to form and ride along a dewpoint gradient. Meanwhile areas to my northeast and southwest got zip.

A nice short, sweet long term disco from IWX this morning. Drought conditions exacerbated.

.LONG TERM...

NASTY HIGH LAT BLOCK ACRS THE NORTH ATL SHOWS NO SIGNS OF ABATING

THROUGH AT LEAST DY10 IF NOT LONGER. HWVR GENERAL/SLOW PROGRESSION

OF TROUGH/RIDGE PATTN ACRS NOAM WILL RESULT IN A SIG WARMUP ESP LT

THIS WEEKEND AND NXT WEEK AS SIG POS HGT ANOMALIES ARE FCST TO BLD

ACRS THE OH VALLEY AND A RTN OF ABV NORMAL TEMPS. SENSIBLE WX

THROUGH THE PD NIL AS SOME VESTIGE OF NW FLW ALOFT CONTS W/CONCURRENT

SFC RIDGING PERSISTING ACRS THE LAKES. THUS XPC DROUGHT CONTS TO

WORSEN CONSIDERABLY GOING INTO MID JUNE.

Another eclipse coming! Tomorrow morning before sunrise - "The Partial Eclipse of the Strawberry Moon!"

<a href='http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2012/28may_strawberry/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://science.nasa....may_strawberry/</a>

Also coming up, the transit of Venus moving across the sun starting at 5:09 PM central time on June 5. Won't happen again until 2117.

17 more days until the length of the days start becoming shorter, love that and how summers just fly by. Only 4 more Months until snow tracking in the MW begins.

Wish the wind could stay out of the west to push the warm water to Michigan but it looks like we'll have a lake breeze a good part of next week and the only thing I'll catch from shore is a tennis shoe or condom.

Nice torch at the end of the euro. Looking forward to the first dip in the lake when its 94/74

17 more days until the length of the days start becoming shorter, love that and how summers just fly by. Only 4 more Months until snow tracking in the MW begins.

Wish the wind could stay out of the west to push the warm water to Michigan but it looks like we'll have a lake breeze a good part of next week and the only thing I'll catch from shore is a tennis shoe or condom.

Nice torch at the end of the euro. Looking forward to the first dip in the lake when its 94/74

Bowmees firecracker and baby powder special.

If this keeps up I'll probably drive into the Thumb to try and see some auroras tonight, but I doubt it's going to happen...Kp Index has already dropped below 5 since that Tweet. We'll see though. At least if it does happen, there should be mostly clear skies.

Aurora1.png

Remind me to make the opposite post on December 3rd. :)

Definitely one of the more impressive over achiever days on high temps in quite some time here. Woke up to a forecast of mostly cloudy and 67, we managed to sneak up to 80 this afternoon with variably cloudy conditions.

^^ You could hear the roar of AC units today around the area. I know people that once it hits 70 the AC kicks on lol. But yes at night (like right now) AC is not need unless you are in the upper floors.

The State of Michigan DNR has an ongoing burn ban for 49 counties..

On Friday, May 25, 2012, Gov. Rick Snyder ordered a ban on outdoor burning in 49 Michigan counties because of the extremely high wildfire danger that continues to threaten those portions of the state. The emergency ban will remain in effect until conditions change significantly to reduce the risk of fire, or until June 21, 2012. The counties where the ban is in effect are:

Alcona, Alger, Alpena, Antrim, Arenac, Baraga, Bay, Benzie, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Chippewa, Clare, Crawford, Delta, Dickinson, Emmet, Gladwin, Gogebic, Grand Traverse, Houghton, Iosco, Iron, Isabella, Kalkaska, Keweenaw, Lake, Leelanau, Luce, Mackinac, Manistee, Marquette, Mason, Mecosta, Menominee, Midland, Missaukee, Montmorency, Muskegon, Newaygo, Oceana, Ogemaw, Ontonagon, Osceola, Oscoda, Otsego, Presque Isle, Roscommon, Schoolcraft, and Wexford.

^^ You could hear the roar of AC units today around the area. I know people that once it hits 70 the AC kicks on lol. But yes at night (like right now) AC is not need unless you are in the upper floors.

I have an aunt who almost never opens her windows, its pretty much AC from May-Sept, heat from Oct-Apr. But in all actuality, theres no need for AC with the weather weve been having lately. I wish the whole summer could be highs in the 70s, lows in the 50s.

zzzzzzzzzzzz..................

fcst.jpg

Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 77. North wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 52. North wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 73. Northeast wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 53. East wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 54.

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 77.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 56.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 81.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 60.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 84.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 62.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 87.

Archived