• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2012 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

Very interesting area of very low dews over southwest WI. Many areas in the mid to upper 40s. You look to be right near the edge of it as the dew ranges from 46 on the west side of Madison to 61 on the east side.

I'm thinking these low dews are due to subsidence on the backside of the front, compressional warming and drying occurs most vigorously in a relatively thin band behind fronts.

That's a serious drop-off! Still in the upper 60s here. Sky is really hazy this evening.

Did Madison break the record?

We tied the record of 97 °F set in 1931.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No majorly hot days like today in the forecast, but looks like a long string of 90-95 type days here. With the surface boundary waffling around the area we may get a day or two of underachievement from clouds/precip. Pretty much impossible to tell how much if any that will factor in at this point though. I'm sure at some point in July we'll see the heat dome make a move and give some of us further north another chance at a 100.

After my 0.23" -- about a day's worth of evaporation at this time of year -- with the developing MCS earlier, skies cleared gradually this afternoon to their current mostly-sunny condition, with a bit of haze and a few strands of cirrus. Temperatures have rebounded nicely, 88 degrees at 4 PM IMBY and 86 at 2052z at DPA, with the possibility remaining that a third day in a row with a temperature of 90 degrees or higher will be realized, especially IMBY.

Interesting post from NWS chat:

The climate report for Fort Wayne is intentionally missing for precipitation. The ASOS did not accurately measure the precipitation and the backup gauge blew over during the storm spilling the contents. We hope to have a precip report by tomorrow morning.

So far 1.08" of rain for the day. Should help to green things up quite a bit again over the next few days.

I didn't want to clutter up the severe thread, but nice video. You've posted multiple nice ones. I always love watching the shelf clouds roll in. You were fortunate to get over an inch. We on got a quarter of that today.

I didn't realize LAF was -0.1º for June through yesterday. The kicker has to be the 27th, with a -2º for the day with a max/min of 90º/53º. And five of the last nine days of June will have a negative daily departure. All in all, almost doesn't seem right with the extreme heat of the finishing three days, though the first eight days of the month were decidedly cooler than normal.

Archived