• Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile, this random record low temperature popped up:

SXUS71 KCLE 270556

RERCLE

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CLEVELAND OH

155 AM EDT WED JUN 27 2012

...RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE TIED AT MANSFIELD OH...

A RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE OF 46 DEGREES WAS SET AT MANSFIELD-LAHM

AIRPORT TUESDAY MORNING AT 420 AM. THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 46

SET IN 2004.

SXUS71 KCLE 270556

RERCLE

RECORD EVENT REPORT

SET IN 2004.

that is pretty wild given it's proximity to areas under the gun for record highs

SXUS71 KCLE 270556

RERCLE

RECORD EVENT REPORT

SET IN 2004.

wow... imagine what the temp diff between the high and low will be.

Also, I wonder if any location has ever had a record high and record low ON THE SAME DATE?

wow... imagine what the temp diff between the high and low will be.

Also, I wonder if any location has ever had a record high and record low ON THE SAME DATE?

This was actually from Tuesday. But with dry air, a lot of places can really heat up and cool down. I'm sure it's happened before ... most likely in more typical tropical locations.

But to make this record less impressive, the 46 there is the warmest record low for June, and one of the warmest record lows of the entire year, so it's one of the easier ones to break, or in this case, tie.

SXUS71 KCLE 270556

RERCLE

RECORD EVENT REPORT

SET IN 2004.

Sounds like the same day Wisconsin had yesterday, 40s to furnace in the same day.

81 °F on the met building roof, temp slowly climbing from a low just below 80.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, but I could hug the 6z NAM (for its rainfall). Not buying it of course, but one can dream.

most models have been shifting the semi-stationary front action (albeit sktetchy) south...so you're definitely in the path of a potential MCS is one ever materializes

most models have been shifting the semi-stationary front action (albeit sktetchy) south...so you're definitely in the path of a potential MCS is one ever materializes

I'm in a irrationally negative, non-meteorolgical sound, phase right now in terms of seeing rainfall. I'll believe it when I see it, but one can hope...

I'm in a irrationally negative, non-meteorolgical sound, phase right now in terms of seeing rainfall. I'll believe it when I see it, but one can hope...

Yeah easy to fall into the downward spiral of negativity right now and I fully expect another dry frontal passage with low-mid 90s.

Yeah easy to fall into the downward spiral of negativity right now and I fully expect another dry frontal passage with low-mid 90s.

It looks like there will be at least a small chance of rain every day for a week, eventually it should rain one of the days. They appear to move in from the north where it has been raining so maybe storms or a MCS will not have to fight dry air until they are right up on us. A 20-30% chance daily for a week is better then a 0% chance of rain that we have right now.

Well, it's gotta rain at some point. I mean not to be simplistic or stupid, but if we used the drought thing as an inhibitor...rainfall would've been done 100's of years ago. But I get what you're saying...

Well, it's gotta rain at some point. I mean not to be simplistic or stupid, but if we used the drought thing as an inhibitor...rainfall would've been done 100's of years ago. But I get what you're saying...

100's of years ago it wasn't 2012....

Wake me up when we get an active cold frontal passage, and one that actually brings significantly cooler air. This might be the most boring 17 month stretch we have ever had in Milwaukee, since Groundhog Day no extreme events have occurred except for extreme warmth this year.

Yeah I agree - although there was some severe thunderstorms around here last summer. Definitely very boring since late August here.

---

Hit 98° here today, few 99°'s in the county. HI peaked as high as 111° at UGN. Bit more tolerable right now at 87°. Kudos to the NAM on highs - the EURO was too high along with the RAP, the GFS too low.

Area mets concur with you and Alek concerning issues with the GFS. It has blown it with the last several troughs/fronts in regard to moisture. My gut is that we'll see 1 or 2 renegade t-storms pop the cap...probably right over Lake Michigan :lol::axe:

Hmmmm......

post-830-0-15409400-1340926904_thumb.png

Dewpoint rapidly falling on NW winds, down into the mid 40s after being in the mid 70s earlier!

Very interesting area of very low dews over southwest WI. Many areas in the mid to upper 40s. You look to be right near the edge of it as the dew ranges from 46 on the west side of Madison to 61 on the east side.

Dewpoint rapidly falling on NW winds, down into the mid 40s after being in the mid 70s earlier!

That's a serious drop-off! Still in the upper 60s here. Sky is really hazy this evening.

Did Madison break the record?

Archived