amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
June 2012 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another warm day, crossing into the 80s now. High of 70 with a low in the 40s tomorrow will feel nice... gotta love getting 40s around summer solstice.

I've seen mid 40s on the 4th of July before! 40° lows can happen any month of the year. 9 days to the Solstice.

It's only in the mid 80s, but these mid 60° dewpoints are making it feel more awful then it really is.

What a waste of a day with regards to all the clouds and no storms. High 86°.

1988 has been on my mind a lot this last week or so. I have seen dust devils blowing in the fields--definitely not scientific but something that i saw commonly in 1988.

Ive been pondering what a redux of the March torch would be like if it happens again in July. A 10 day stretch of century breakers would certainly cause a few issues.

Picked up less than a tenth today. Although some areas just too my east got slightly more.

Ive been pondering what a redux of the march torch would be like if it happens again in July. A 10 day stretch of century breakers would certainly cause a few issues.

Picked up less than a tenth today. Although some areas just too my east got slightly more.

I had light rain that did nothing earlier today. Did not even make the pavement wet.

I have had 2 rain days at work since May 1st thats un heard of.

:( :(

Hopefully things flip right around late fall-winter..

I sure hope it turns around this summer sometime!

Rain is needed in this area where most people are on wells. :raining:

Slowly cooling off and drying out. 77°/62° currently.

Lake Mi should keep your water table rather high given the proximity.

Wells have gone dry around here before. 2010 and 2006; I believe, that happened for 2-3 weeks. Neighbors had these over-sized barrels of water in their garages!

Luckily my well is 237' deep. Lake Michigan is about 160 feet lower than my yard.

Lake Mi should keep your water table rather high given the proximity.

Wells have gone dry around here before. 2010 and 2006; I believe, that happened for 2-3 weeks. Neighbors had these over-sized barrels of water in their garages!

Luckily my well is 237' deep. Lake Michigan is about 160 feet lower than my yard.

you aren't in the lake michigan watershed, almost none of Illinois is except the shoreline areas of Chicago. There are some on going battles for lake water in wisconsin already and look for more in the future as periphery locals try to tap in once their wells run dry.

They should use L Michigan as free AC during the summer. You could store a ton of heat in that lake from all those Chicago high rises and still probably have very little effect on the whole scheme of things. Not to mention that heat would just be release come winter and reduce heating costs... :)

Euro looks to have backed off on the heat for this weekend some... the old run had near 100F here or so on Monday, now it shows that heat nowhere near here...

Archived