40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:weenie:

How's your weak Nino?

Let's start a Where's Will thread.

Weak Nino looks on target.

We need to start a "Where's Willdo" thread.......click on the thread, and all you see staring at you is a huge photshop engineered by Eric, revealing a sea of weenies in which you are left to find the tiny little Will Shwartz grape.

Discussion of how there is a chat room at the top bar on the forum, that pretty much no one makes use of, and instead users write tens of thousands of off-topic and irrelevant banter posts in threads where the average reading come by to quickly read/catchup on local weather and cannot do so. ;)

Discussion of how there is a chat room at the top bar on the forum, that pretty much no one makes use of, and instead users write tens of thousands of off-topic and irrelevant banter posts in threads where the average reading come by to quickly read/catchup on local weather and cannot do so. ;)

Well, the average reader needs to learn that we have threads for today's cirrus clouds, high temps, humidity levels and afternoon sprinkles, so they can locate the subject of choice in short order.

Well, the average reader needs to learn that we have threads for today's cirrus clouds, high temps, humidity levels and afternoon sprinkles, so they can locate the subject of choice in short order.

There aren't many active weather threads at all right now so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

There aren't many active weather threads at all right now so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Obviously the post you quoted was facetious in nature, but I'm just harkening back to the days when we'd have one of two orgy threads......but it is what it is.

I understand the place has grown and wasn't really complaining.....just messn' cause we are in like our 15th consecutive month of lame weather, save for the tornado and Irene (which was a dissapoint for a good deal).

Obviously the post you quoted was facetious in nature, but I'm just harkening back to the days when we'd have one of two orgy threads......but it is what it is.

I understand the place has grown and wasn't really complaining.....just messn' cause we are in like our 15th consecutive month of lame weather, save for the tornado and Irene (which was a dissapoint for a good deal).

Yeah it's definitely boring, but I didn't know where you were coming from when you made it. Aside from the banter thread there is a regular SNE wx only one, an el niño one, and recently the convection thread. I'm not sure if you were around a month or so ago, but we went back to wx only threads when the OT talk got too excessive in the banter threads and we got multiple complaints.

Yeah it's definitely boring, but I didn't know where you were coming from when you made it. Aside from the banter thread there is a regular SNE wx only one, an el niño one, and recently the convection thread. I'm not sure if you were around a month or so ago, but we went back to wx only threads when the OT talk got too excessive in the banter threads and we got multiple complaints.

Nah, glad I missed that......but god forbid banter threads are filled with....banter. lol

I believe they actually took afternoon sprinkles out of the forecast today for eastern areas. Oops, sorry for the wx post.

I believe they actually took afternoon sprinkles out of the forecast today for eastern areas. Oops, sorry for the wx post.

:lol:

This place sucks. I used to like it but it has become (for me) too much irrelevance for me to spend too much of my limited free time here.

I think I'm alot of the problem but so be it. Happy summer.

You and I, along with some others, will be back once the weather is relevant again. This past year provided great weather for a hiatus.

This place sucks. I used to like it but it has become (for me) too much irrelevance for me to spend too much of my limited free time here.

I think I'm alot of the problem but so be it. Happy summer.

What you mean is that the weather sucks ;)

I'm pretty sure if New England (well, SNE at least, it gets dead if it's only NNE) was looking at a KU event in the next 48 hours this place would be filled with folks, even the haters.

What you mean is that the weather sucks ;)

I'm pretty sure if New England (well, SNE at least, it gets dead if it's only NNE) was looking at a KU event in the next 48 hours this place would be filled with folks, even the haters.

Actually, the weather is fabulous. The forum still blows though. Too much fragmentation and too much posting on nothing. And you know my feeling about the borderline offensive banter that goes on continuously by grown men who should know better.

With a KU for only NE there would be less bs for sur. but the subforums have ruined the camaraderie developed cross regionally in the early years. I miss that. The funny thing is thqt the most vocal proponents of subforums don't post much anymore on the wx side.

Is ther any better knowledge than we get on the regular wx side by people like Don S, Wes, all the others?

We have our own experts and for that I'm thankful but the larger community feel is gone and hence, the board has changed in so many ways tht to me are not positive.

Actually, the weather is fabulous. The forum still blows though. Too much fragmentation and too much posting on nothing. And you know my feeling about the borderline offensive banter that goes on continuously by grown men who should know better.

Well if it's boring, I suppose not too much posting will be about anything substantial. I don't see an issue with shooting the breeze among friends. Don't really get to see many people too often, so this plays serves as a medium for that.

Archived