joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
**New England** summer picture/scenery thread

free_man

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This summer has been incredible for outside activities, after another long long weekend on the beach. Even with the strenuous work m-f it feels like its been one LONG vacation. Viva la Summer!

It has been a great Summer. Having so much fun with the kids. The little one is taking her first steps. Time for skis!

LOL hurty hurtz..........well at least i talk about the heat, work in it and enjoy it instead of hiding in an airconditioned room lol.

I got a tan going as well. I enjoy the beach and outdoor activities. I just like it when temps are 85 or less. I walk right into the north Atlantic like known it. Love the cold water.

I got a tan going as well. I enjoy the beach and outdoor activities. I just like it when temps are 85 or less. I walk right into the north Atlantic like known it. Love the cold water.

I wear 30spf all day working and at the beach, and the water this weekend was so warm, almost too warm for LIS

Throw up the pic man! I know Ginxy is getting dark, a fellow italian I believe........lets have a tanning contest!!

We can double up on that case you will owe me in a couple weeks

Throw up the pic man! I know Ginxy is getting dark, a fellow italian I believe........lets have a tanning contest!!

We can double up on that case you will owe me in a couple weeks

LOL I actually share your affinity to the beach. I live a mile from the ocean after all and enjoy the same aspects that go along with it as you do. I don't have the color you do right now...I'm in the office after all, but I remember the days of working outdoors.

I got burned and tan a lot as a kid. In my late 20s they found some basal cell carcinoma moles...

Oops

Dave, i've been working in the area of the Junction of 62 and 31...very beautiful country up that way...and elevated! i could swear i could see the Boston skyline today from the junction...and driving up there makes my ears pop every day :) I would like to live there!

Dave, i've been working in the area of the Junction of 62 and 31...very beautiful country up that way...and elevated! i could swear i could see the Boston skyline today from the junction...and driving up there makes my ears pop every day :) I would like to live there!

Yeah that is a nice spot. You should be able to see Boston from there. I sometimes used to drive home from work that way just for fun. Most of Hubbardston is not as up and down as that spot (Princeton)

OK, actually my shingling this time, complete with rainbow. Taken last night (7/10) after the briefest of sprinkles passed overhead. I barely felt it but it was enough to cause a rainbow after it got just to our east.

Got a long way to go on the shingles but I'll get it done by August sometime. Couple courses after work in the evenings and bust ballz over the weekends.

7550070500_88a36d2931_c.jpg

OK, actually my shingling this time, complete with rainbow. Taken last night (7/10) after the briefest of sprinkles passed overhead. I barely felt it but it was enough to cause a rainbow after it got just to our east.

Got a long way to go on the shingles but I'll get it done by August sometime. Couple courses after work in the evenings and bust ballz over the weekends.

Looks good--keep it going!

Here's a shot I stitched together from 5 photos on the Mansfield ridgeline...I botched the first one or two but the horizon is the same. In the photo, on the left side is looking south down the Green Mountain Spine, center is the Champlain Valley to the west and 3-4K below, and the right side is looking north.

One can visualize how upslope is so productive in this area with Mansfield essentially creating a 4,000ft+ wall from the west and north flows.

Looks great Pete. It's really quite extraordinary how similar that terrain looks to MBY.

Looks great Pete. It's really quite extraordinary how similar that terrain looks to MBY.

you should post a picture of your property/house, I've kind of always been curious as to what it looks like after hearing the descriptors you've given. If you're not comfortable, I would understand. You should have a gtg at your house, though.

you should post a picture of your property/house, I've kind of always been curious as to what it looks like after hearing the descriptors you've given. If you're not comfortable, I would understand. You should have a gtg at your house, though.

Hard to believe he fits a family of four in it.

3469fec3.jpg

Yeah, not really into posting pics of my house and family. I've made a lot of enemies here and I don't want some MA good squad to get any ideas. It's a big old colonial in the middle of nowhere. I would have a gtg here but only if Stormtracker would attend as the guest of honor.

Thanks man. Gonna finish that north side wall today then start on the big west side tomorrow. That side of the house is tall, so it'll be more of a challenge. Our place is a saltbox style, so it's kind of high & boxy.

As for the terrain--sounds about right that they're similar--east slope, near the height of the watershed, CT River drainage and all that. Not a bad setting to live in. I feel lucky and I know you do too. :snowing:

Archived