Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Heart of April banter and discussion.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still waiting for the full leaf out Blizz promised would happen by 4/1. So far nothing. Yet another KFS fail. That combined with the fail on the April month long torch should be reason enough to toss that model.

you forgot to mention your call for a cold snowy april with cutoff after cutoff...most stations are +2 to +5 and bone dry--the torch calls were reasonable accurate month to date with warmer weather incoming next week to pad those positive departures

I think I may have managed a few drops (literally) yesterday afternoon. It's been bone dry here at the Pit. Perhaps we'll have something today before the milder air arrives. At this rate, the new Deere won't be gettting much use. Maybe in May sometime.

Yeah, the farmers are tilling their fields this week and the dust clouds look like brush fires.

Light rain yesterday, light rain overnight

We have puddles

I drove RT 2 from Cambridge back to Greenfield last night and Gardner to Orange was the only place where there was wet pavement. Isolated showers.

Sunny skies this morning.

Desert dry rules the roost, flooding in moosup with .11.

One more day of hell, then off to heaven.

Circle of Despair.

Bookend Bonanza,

XXX

Big Big Winter Incoming

Pattern change begins 5/1 locks in 5/15

Euro Ens are cold at day 10

Friends for Fire

Trinity of the Torch

Circle of Fail

The Euro has a snowstorm at day 9

This Strato warming event looks like its for real

lolz--the Euro has had a Day 9-10 storm all year--fail

strato warming in January led to an even bigger torch leading to one of the warmest Feb/Marches of all time.

good luck with any pattern change....

lolz--the Euro has had a Day 9-10 storm all year--fail

strato warming in January led to an even bigger torch leading to one of the warmest Feb/Marches of all time.

good luck with any pattern change....

It actually had an affect, it just happened to give Europe one of the coldest periods ever.

we'll see i guess.

good to see some higher pwat air moving in and ec ens look promising with the frontal / slp positioning mid-week.

That's what I like. Something we haven't had all season and why I feel decent about some of us getting a good drink, but we'll see. Kevin is forecasting the Sahara to expand into SNE.

That's what I like. Something we haven't had all season and why I feel decent about some of us getting a good drink, but we'll see. Kevin is forecasting the Sahara to expand into SNE.

yeah obviously not be a drought buster but best shot we've had in quite some time for meaningful rain. not sure where the best axis ends up - but if it's not over SNE it won't be because of the current pattern...just bad luck if it's in NYS/NNE or wherever.

considering there hasn't been .5" of rain at BOS, BDL, HYA since 3/1...even just a good widespread 1/2 inch rain event would be welcomed.

The SW seems to be an over-hyped index the last few years...I never even heard of it prior to 2010.

Well the problem is that every winter has a weenie phrase. Some years it's solar, some years MJO, and some years it's SW. The reason why it seems overhyped is that weenies always talk about it and post about a 30C warming at 1mb. This makes it seem less important than it is....but in actually..it can have a very big outcome in our weather. 2007 and 2009 had big warmings in January that changed our pattern.

yeah obviously not be a drought buster but best shot we've had in quite some time for meaningful rain. not sure where the best axis ends up - but if it's not over SNE it won't be because of the current pattern...just bad luck if it's in NYS/NNE or wherever.

considering there hasn't been .5" of rain at BOS, BDL, HYA since 3/1...even just a good widespread 1/2 inch rain event would be welcomed.

Yeah that's what I was saying yesterday. It may be NNE, but it's still a win for getting rains into New England if it does happen like that. Even if it's a stalled front near ACK...NE winds will bring that 0.1"/hr sheet rains possible as WAA occurs over the top. Warm process rains type stuff.

Archived