Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Heart of April banter and discussion.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking at it now. I think it will be warm for a couple of days, but then Monday imo still is up in the air because the front it right near the MA/NH border on Monday...even sagging near BOS as winds are east on the euro. Plus, you'll have clouds too. It's a really tough forecast. After that a low rides along the front and then stalls..giving at least NNE a good soaking for now. Then maybe our turn later in the week. The sensible wx next week changes with every run, so I expect more changes. Monday still is tricky. It could be high 70s or 50s in BOS.

Yep, big bust on temp possible for Monday per this run. But it's trending warmer - that may be more important.

As is though... could be early high in BOS, then crash, with ribbon echo on reflectivity sinuously working west of ORH by late in the afternoon type deal - had that during one of the days of the big warm period in March.

Yep, big bust on temp possible for Monday per this run. But it's trending warmer - that may be more important.

As is though... could be early high in BOS, then crash, with ribbon echo on reflectivity sinuously working west of ORH by late in the afternoon type deal - had that during one of the days of the big warm period in March.

True, definitely don't want that east wind to kick in as you head up heartbreak hill..lol.

April seems like a pain to forecast in...

Little wiggles of fronts, etc can mean the difference between 65F and sunny and 48F and drizzle (well, most years)

And next week isn't easy. It could be a very mild and dry 3 days or so, or crappy ne winds for 3 days. April is known for cutoffs and fronts playing havoc. Of course having a cold ocean waiting to pounce on you does not help the forecast around here during April and even May.

True, definitely don't want that east wind to kick in as you head up heartbreak hill..lol.

Oh yeah haha. forgot about that.

That's usually opening day at Fen

I think the Euro is going to be pretty believable through Sunday. Might be too much wind for some people's tastes, but otherwise, and speaking just relative to what typically occurs in April, this weekend's weather is top 10. ...For April..

In fact, looks to me MOS will bust low on Friday as per typical for increasing PP from the west forcing off-shore component under intense insolation.

Any betters on 64F for BED-FIT-CEF on Friday?

Oh yeah haha. forgot about that.

That's usually opening day at Fen

I think the Euro is going to be pretty believable through Sunday. Might be too much wind for some people's tastes, but otherwise, and speaking just relative to what typically occurs in April, this weekend's weather is top 10. ...For April..

In fact, looks to me MOS will bust low on Friday as per typical for increasing PP from the west forcing off-shore component under intense insolation.

Any betters on 64F for BED-FIT-CEF on Friday?

Yeah Friday is a gem imo. I could see lower 60s in low elevation interior.

Oops, 12z MOS is 64 for BED-FIT.

Okay, any takers on beating MOS in general on Friday ?

Yeah I peaked too..lol. Could be a day to beat MOS..thicknesses warm throughout the day so it might be like a 4-5pm high. Still kind of cool aloft, but maybe 64-66 for someone?

Pretty sweet PF. Congrats on destroying my yearly total in 1hr up there.

Thanks guys...I just like to share this stuff because it's an incredible mountain event, not trying to say hey my snows better than your snow or something like that.

Very interesting being up there in thigh deep snow and have these puffy convective TCU like clouds rolling through the blue sky emitting 5 minute snow/grauple showers then strong April sun again.

Thanks guys...I just like to share this stuff because it's an incredible mountain event, not trying to say hey my snows better than your snow or something like that.

Very interesting being up there in thigh deep snow and have these puffy convective TCU like clouds rolling through the blue sky emitting 5 minute snow/grauple showers then strong April sun again.

Oh I know...I admire your passion. We'll do better next year for sure.

It's a different climate there, no doubt!

We're flirting with 60F with virga over head. Get up around 4,000 and inside one of those plumes and it's a different universe.

It's a different climate there, no doubt!

We're flirting with 60F with virga over head. Get up around 4,000 and inside one of those plumes and it's a different universe.

Yeah that's it exactly...I mean where I live we got 2" of rain but that's not exciting except we needed it. I just enjoy from a weather standpoint being minutes away from sampling the entire boundary layer from 800-4400ft. It's cool to see milky white virga in town and then in a 45 minute hike or 7-minute lift ride you can be 15F+ colder and in the thick of it.

Archived