• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Heart of April banter and discussion.

CoastalWx

Yep, most calls for a wet and cold spring have busted miserably. JB continues his year of flop. This stretch of dry and warmer than average just doesnt want to end. It's amazing. What is interesting is that the dryness is within 100-150 miles of the East coast--the midwest and south have been wet....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

weenies.

Euro snowstorm failure after failure after failure after failure.

KFS victory after victory after victory...........bookend failure. Water restrictions in place by may 25th at the latest. 15000 record highs across the conus in March.

Trinity of the Torch

Friends of the Flame

Circle of Despair

:)

Euro snowstorm failure after failure after failure after failure.

KFS victory after victory after victory...........bookend failure. Water restrictions in place by may 25th at the latest. 15000 record highs across the conus in March.

Trinity of the Torch

Friends of the Flame

Circle of Despair

:)

Weenies forget how we slapped around people for believing snowstorms this winter. How many times did I tell Kevin that it looked pretty bad for events this winter? KFS had 70s for me all this week, and now there are snow showers mixing in this morning. But weenies will be weenies.

Weenies forget how we slapped around people for believing snowstorms this winter. How many times did I tell Kevin that it looked pretty bad for events this winter? KFS had 70s for me all this week, and now there are snow showers mixing in this morning. But weenies will be weenies.

I did not forget, scooter caution flags being thrown like dollar bills at a gentlemen's club. All the mets in sne were more than cautious and hardly optimistic this winter.

Truth.

I did not forget, scooter caution flags being thrown like dollar bills at a gentlemen's club. All the mets in sne were more than cautious and hardly optimistic this winter.

Truth.

It's all good. Hopefully some of us get a drink next week between now and the 22. Some models target NNE so we'll see, but New England in general will see some. It's all about where the low tracks.

KFS did not have 70's this week..That's next week.

Boredom basher / something to track during the G2G:

(why don't we have more G2G's in Boston area? would love to swing by and finally meet people but can't make it out to Worcester this Saturday)

SPC for Saturday:

post-3106-0-04564700-1334147064.gif

DAY 4-8 CONVECTIVE OUTLOOK

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

0400 AM CDT WED APR 11 2012

VALID 141200Z - 191200Z

...DISCUSSION...

THE GFS/ECMWF EACH MAINTAIN A TROUGH IN THE WEST WITH SWLY FLOW

EXPECTED TO BE STRONGER THAN D3/FRI ACROSS OK/KS TO MO/IA...WHILE

THE STRONGEST FLOW ON D5/SUN GENERALLY EXTENDS FROM W TX INTO KS.

THE GFS CLOSES A LOW ACROSS THE FOUR CORNERS REGION ON D4 SHIFTING

IT ENEWD INTO CO/NM ON D5/SUN...WHILE THE ECMWF MAINTAINS THE SRN

EXTENT OF THE WRN TROUGH AS AN OPEN WAVE. DESPITE THESE

DIFFERENCES...THE OVERALL MOISTURE DISTRIBUTION WITHIN THE WARM

SECTOR IS SIMILAR FOR D4 WITH A SURFACE LOW LOCATED ACROSS WRN KS IN

AGREEMENT WITH THE MREF. GIVEN THESE SIMILARITIES FOR D4 WITH EACH

MODEL INDICATING STRONG VERTICALLY VEERING WIND FIELDS...A REGIONAL

SEVERE WEATHER THREAT AREA WILL BE MAINTAINED FOR SAT APR 14 FROM N

TX THROUGH MUCH OF OK...CENTRAL/ERN KS INTO NWRN MO/SWRN IA/SERN

NEB. TORNADIC SUPERCELLS ALONG WITH VERY LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING

WINDS CAN BE EXPECTED ACROSS THIS REGION.

MODEL DIFFERENCES BEYOND D5 PRECLUDE THE INCLUSION OF ANY ADDITIONAL

REGIONAL SEVERE WEATHER THREAT AREAS AS THE WRN TROUGH SHIFTS EWD.

STRONG TO SEVERE STORMS MAY OCCUR EACH DAY AS EXTENSIVE CONVECTION

IS EXPECTED FROM PARTS OF TX THROUGH THE LOWER-MID MS VALLEY TO OH

VALLEY THROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK.

..PETERS.. 04/11/2012

KFS did not have 70's this week..That's next week.

I think you were expecting 60s-70 all week and some days in the 70s. I'll have to find the post. Tomorrow is going to be very chilly in the high terrain.

In the mean time, looks like some areas may be getting graupel just to the west and NW of the city right now. Maybe some pings off Ray's fanny.

I like that tune about only worrying if the tide is going to reach his chair. Reminds me having throwing back a Corona at the beach.

Wishing I was knee deep in the water somewhere Got the blue sky breeze and it don't seem fair Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair Sunrise there's a fire in the sky Never been so happy Never felt so highAnd I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise

Wishing I was knee deep in the water somewhere Got the blue sky breeze and it don't seem fair Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair Sunrise there's a fire in the sky Never been so happy Never felt so highAnd I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise

Yeah that's it. Nice.

Just keep the temperature under 85 and the dew point under 55 and I'm on board. But I would jump overboard if by some freak chance a 5/9/77 type snow event appeared. LOL

Looks like even the last winter stragglers are now on board for summer. When we get Logan to come over..it's time to TORCH.

Hopefully full on summer wx is here for good by the end of April/early May

Archived