• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
April 2012 General Discussion

Guru Of Reason

Looks like some snow shower activity north of Green Bay.

...Actually it Looks like Virga falling east of Racine

MKE has flurries in their point and click.. Friend reported a nice but brief light snow shower in downtown as well a little while ago.

Late Afternoon: A slight chance of flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Damn you nailed it turtle great call!!!! :thumbsup:

Lapse rates Monday and Tuesday could cause flurries across Wisconsin.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It struggled to get above 40° today. Made it to 41.0° and not a tenth of a degree higher! Clouds are slowly breaking up. The indoor humidity was really low like it is in the winter on a sub zero day! I kept on getting shocked by metallic objects, lol!

Saw some sleet/rain mixture early this afternoon. Twas nice to see ANY type of precipitation. Last 40 days have been bone dry around these parts (<1.00" total).

Massive facepalm @ the twits at work commenting about how they can't understand why it's cold and that they thought summer had started because of the 80s we saw in the middle of March. I hope it's cloudy, breezy and in the 60s from now until October purely out of spite.

Snowflakes filled the air off and on pretty much all day today throughout SE MI, despite temps hovering in that upper 30s to low 40s range. Always funny how it will be 33 and rain mid-winter, but has no problem snowing at 40 in spring :lol:. This was the first snow reported at DTW in a month (March 9th had 0.1", and this was the last snowflakes of the season until today).

Check out this tasty little nugget from LaCrosse:

BEYOND THIS TIME PERIOD...THE MODELS CONTINUE TO SHOW LITTLE RUN

TO RUN CONSISTENCY. AS A RESULT...FORECAST CONFIDENCE REMAINS VERY

LOW. FOUND IT INTERESTING THAT THE LAST COUPLE RUNS OF THE GFS IS

INDICATING A POTENTIAL SNOW STORM FOR TUESDAY. 1910 /WHICH HAD A A

VERY SIMILAR MARCH TO THIS YEAR AND IT WAS ALSO ANOTHER LA NINA

SPRING/ ALSO HAD A SNOW STORM FROM APRIL 16-18 AND ADDITIONAL SNOW

FROM APRIL 23-25. THE ECMWF WAS SIMILAR WITH ITS 10.12Z RUNS...BUT

SINCE HAS BACKED AWAY FROM THAT SOLUTION. JUST SOMETHING TO WATCH.

AFDs like that crack me up. In one paragraph they belch out and complain about little model consistency and lack of run to run continuity then the forecaster goes off on a solution like a snowstorm.

It wouldn't be a normal April unless a few of us get an accumulating snowfall that melts by noon. Last year was no exception either. 2010 was a snowless weird April. I don't even think DTW logged a Trace that month. Anyways someone is gonna get crushed before the spring warmth really starts winning out by months end.

Light snow reported with visib as low as 5 miles at DTW overnight, so a T on both Apr 10 and 11th. It looks like a few places in SE MI picked up measurable snow, 0.2" at White Lake, reports of 0.1", 0,2", and 0.4" in Ann Arbor, and 0.1" in Tipton.

Here is a picture that I took at Clear Channel (Farmington Hills) this morning around 4am! Snow got really heavy at one point, it did accumulate on the grass and side roads....

post-1161-0-25684400-1334178591.jpg

I got 3" that day. So that 0-0.5" area was off.

I dont care snow or rain is fine with me as long as it does something soon!

1.3" imby and 1.6" at DTW on April 18, 2011, but up to 3" north of Detroit. What I remember is really hoping to get 1.9"+ so I would hit 70" to cap off a spectacular season, and only got the 1.3" to finish at 69.4". Oh, to have that "problem" again!

Archived