e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
April 2012 General Discussion

Guru Of Reason

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It won't be awful, we need the rain and I would like some interesting weather for work. Both ++ IMO.

Stratus and temps in the 50s don't do anything for me with these type of spring-like systems, personally

That said, DTX is overtly optimistic with regards to the temps on Sunday.

Yet another morning with lots of 20s in outlying areas. How many hard freezes is that now? Tons of crops damaged or destroyed by now. I even notice here, greenup has stalled. When we started at this insane 4-5 week early pace, we are probably now just 2 weeks ahead. Some spots it looks more like Fall than Spring, lots of tints of red and brown in trees (especially the flowering trees have hues of brown).

Meanwhile, the official low this morning was 33F at DTW but 32F at DET. Its kinda funny because if it stands, the last snow would be after the last freeze (right now last freeze April 7th, last snow April 11th). While DTW still is usually a little colder than DET, its interesting that there always are a handful of days every month when DET will come in slightly colder than DTW, whereas say 20+ years ago that would NEVER happen, DTW is in the suburbs, DET in the city.

Yes, but you also have a east coast dry line starting, along with fires.

You have a good point there. I've heard about the fires, but haven't kept up with the news much.

Taking a look at this map. A drought is more likely across the far southeast and southwest. At least parts of Texas, OK have gotten relief this winter.

season_drought.gif

It's funny how now many of the models are screwholing Milwaukee and Chicago where just 24 hours ago the GFS and the GEM were giving us 3-5" of precip between tomorrow and Tuesday. Goes to show how fickle they are, and how frustrating it can be to watch. Not sure if the NAM is going to be effective at picking up convection with the severe weather potential this weekend, b/c it sure isn't showing much in the biggest threat areas.

Trends not been our friend for any meaningful rains for the rivers here and to the east River currents are next to nothing here in southeast wi. would be fine if it was going on mid-august but its just silly low for this time of the yr. Maybe it changes but I'd be cool with the northern half of the state getting a better drink over us this go around. Dry as a popcorn fart up there, too.

Trends not been our friend for any meaningful rains for the rivers here and to the east River currents are next to nothing here in southeast wi. would be fine if it was going on mid-august but its just silly low for this time of the yr. Maybe it changes but I'd be cool with the northern half of the state getting a better drink over us this go around. Dry as a popcorn fart up there, too.

That's ok. Even though the models aren't showing much, I'm betting something will pop Sunday, and whoever is under those storms will get some hefty rains.

AGW ftw. Lake Michigan bath water.

:facepalm:

Also oh yeahhhhh. That ~44 lake water sure is boiling hot :rolleyes: I'm probably gonna go skinny dipping in it tomorrow wanna join me Torchartie?

mswt+01.gif

DAY 5 Forecast.. Doesn't get much warmer..

mswt+120.gif

Also your point and click for next Tuesday.

Tuesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 47.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.

Enjoy! ;)

Models seem to be backing off a bit on the cool air early next week and are faster to warm it up again. Latest Euro and GFS have lifted the freeze chance up into MN and WI Tuesday morning. Both models are also now bringing the 60s back by Wednesday and 70s Thursday in a more progressive west-east flow.

I picked up about 0.25" of rain this morning. It's not a lot, but our soil was getting dry so it will help.

:facepalm:

Also oh yeahhhhh. That ~44 lake water sure is boiling hot :rolleyes: I'm probably gonna go skinny dipping in it tomorrow wanna join me Torchartie?

mswt+01.gif

DAY 5 Forecast.. Doesn't get much warmer..

mswt+120.gif

Also your point and click for next Tuesday.

Tuesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 47.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.

Enjoy! ;)

Did you get your drivers license yet?

Lol.." dry as a popcorn fart"

Come on, warministas and coldinistas, let's just agree to wait on this right now. Tropical has had plenty of fun this spring, I'm sure. In the end, even though his reasoning was flawed, his thoughts won out and he must be in heaven. But all good things for indviduals must come to an end, and that may well be coming. However, this is not the time of year for bickering. Early winter might be.

Archived