• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 31st - Potential Wintry Precip (formerly the March Torch Thread)

tornadojay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ISP and BDR have broken their record highs for today. So far, ISP 71 (old record 67) and BDR 67 (old record 63).

As of 4pm, Central Park is 76 (record 77), Newark is 78 (record 80).

Update, from the climo reports. New record highs, so far

Central Park 78 (at 3:38pm)

LGA 76 (old record 75)

ISP 73

BDR 68

It's going to feel amazing when the cool high pressure settles in for 1-2 days early next week. Much cooler and drier 50s, a nice breeze and a couple of chilly nights will feel very refreshing after this insane warm spell.

Agreed. We should see at least a couple cold shots swing through the Northeast in the March 25th-April 7th period. Temps not too far from normal overall, but significantly colder than right now obviously (this pattern can't sustain itself in March).

I've got a departure of 10.6 above normal.. After tomorrow, it'll probably be 11.. then I'm guessing it'll probably come down a bit as we wrap up the month, but still incredible.

Who would have thought that we would have followed such a warm Feb with an even warmer March?

Who would have thought that we would have followed such a warm Feb with an even warmer March?

I'll take that several steps further - who would have thought we'd have 5 months in a row with > +4 temp departures? Unbelievably stable torch pattern over the North American continent. Basically a perfect storm of variables for its occurrence.

I found trial's leaf out -- reports of leaves popping all across the Mid-west and OH valley, about 4-5 weeks ahead of schedule for most. If we had a handful more days in the 70s/80s that'd probably be us too.

friend of mine lives in wisconsin, way ahead of us. ill copy and post her pic

Archived