• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 31st - Potential Wintry Precip (formerly the March Torch Thread)

tornadojay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A quick dip at Sandy Hook is about as warm as mid- May would normally be. Although I don't like to go in until

we hit the upper 60's and 70's. B)

http://www.ndbc.noaa...p?station=sdhn4

Waters are warming up fast, that's for sure. Strangely enough, waters cool down due to upwelling when we have NW wind induced hot days here on the coast. Waters warm up faster when we have continuous onshore flows.

Waters are warming up fast, that's for sure. Strangely enough, waters cool down due to upwelling when we have NW wind induced hot days here on the coast. Waters warm up faster when we have continuous onshore flows.

The LB Polar Bears didn't get much of a challenge this winter. The 55 at Sandy Hook is really early.

This year shouldn't even count (I was in Florida this year for it). The last two were actually cold. :P

I got stuck in one of the worst traffic jams in LB history when I tried to drive to the store while they were all leaving the beach a few years ago. :)

Nice cool shot early next week on the GFS - most areas would have a sub freezing night Monday. Phase 7 MJO promotes some cooling the Northeast, though with most other teleconnectors unfavorable, it will be in and out.

The GFS will probably push the freeze line further back into the interior as we get closer.

I don't see anything below 32 for NYC and the shore with this one.

The GFS will probably push the freeze line further back into the interior as we get closer.

NYC likely saw it's last sub-freezing temp on March 10th. If that holds that has got to be one of the earliest last freezes on record.

Even if NYC doesn't get to freezing - this will feel arctic compared to now. 30mph gusts with temps in the 30s:

It'll be transient, but in terms of magnitude, a brief shot of cold air seems reasonable given the strong MJO wave.

28i3f29.gif

Archived