• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 31st - Potential Wintry Precip (formerly the March Torch Thread)

tornadojay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This morning was probably the lightest the fog was in days. Monday and tuesday morning was probably the densest fog ive seen in years.

Yesterday was one of the densest fogs here that I have seen in years.

METAR KJFK 201051Z 10003KT 0SM R04R/1000V1400FT FG VV002 12/11 A3030 RMK AO2 SFC VIS 1/4 SLP260 T01170106

Do u have output for rain this weekend? Thanks

0z euro has rain at varying intensity from Sunday mid-day until Monday afternoon. About .75" of qpf.

0z GGEM is very similar to the euro with timing and amounts.

The GFS bumped south a bit and only skims the area with precip from the cutoff and keeps the heaviest stuff in south Jersey and south of there.

0z euro has rain at varying intensity from Sunday mid-day until Monday afternoon. About .75" of qpf.

The GFS bumped south a bit and only skims the area with precip from the cutoff and keeps the heaviest stuff in south Jersey and south of there.

I like the gfs

It will be interesting to see if the models back off as we get closer like they have recently.

NYC only has .50 for March so far.

It will be interesting to see if the models back off as we get closer like they have recently.

NYC only has .50 for March so far.

I think models are underestimating the bullseye amounts as this is a slow moving cutoff. Someone should get a healthy dose of rain from this.

Position of the cutoff is obviously key to that.

I think models are underestimating the bullseye amounts as this is a slow moving cutoff. Someone should get a healthy dose of rain from this.

Position of the cutoff is obviously key to that.

It would be funny if it ends up getting suppressed like several of the winter snows did.

we had a lot of rain and snow last year, reservoirs are not going to be hurting right now and water tables are probably still high, but give it a few more months like this and that changes quickly, especially with farming season beginning soon.

Fact is, its dry right now and should stay this way long term so its something to keep an eye on.

Good post.

NJ Drought is reporting below normal steam flow and ground water levels for portions of NJ. Yes, reservoir levels are ok now, but remember, there are over 16 million people between NJ and NYC alone. Once people being to fill pools and turn on their lawn sprinklers, those levels can drop rapidly. I've seen it happen here many times over the past 20 years.

Good post.

NJ Drought is reporting below normal steam flow and ground water levels for portions of NJ. Yes, reservoir levels are ok now, but remember, there are over 16 million people between NJ and NYC alone. Once people being to fill pools and turn on their lawn sprinklers, those levels can drop rapidly. I've seen it happen here many times over the past 20 years.

And don't forget, as temperatures go up, so does evaporation. However, if we start to see some wetter weather, the whole drought issue could still be avoided.

Was thinking the exact same thing, having lived in northern San Diego county for 5 years.

I spent a lot of time there in the last few years as well. Starting to see mroe breaks in the clouds now. finally. I think by 1 / 2 we should be into more sun than clouds.

This was from Upton at 10:48am:

12Z OKX SOUNDING INDICATING VERTICAL MOISTURE PROFILE SLIGHTLY

DEEPER THAN IT WAS 24 HOURS AGO. THIS ALONG WITH 06Z MODEL

SOUNDINGS POINTS TO A SLOWER CLEARING TODAY...WITH PERHAPS COASTAL

LOCATIONS REMAINING MOSTLY CLOUDY. SATELLITE IMAGERY WILL BE

CLOSELY MONITORED TO SEE HOW QUICKLY THE CLOUD SHIELD BEGINS TO

ERODE THIS AFTERNOON. HIGH TEMPS WILL LIKELY NEED TO BE ADJUSTED

DOWN A FEW DEGREES SHOULD CLEARING NOT BEGIN IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF

HOURS.

Archived