• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 31st - Potential Wintry Precip (formerly the March Torch Thread)

tornadojay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro looks wet and gross for Saturday night and all day Sunday.

Its light, drizzly crap starting Saturday evening and right through Sunday morning and then a bit heavier rain moves in Sunday afternoon.

Looks like about .50" of rain from Saturday 5pmish to Monday morning 4amish.

3pm temps:

NYC: 75

LGA: 75

EWR: 76

TEB: 75

ISP: 68

BDR: 67

HPN: 73

JFK: 62 :axe:

I'd pick a different emoticon personally. One of the few times I'd enjoy being at JFK right now.

Dew points approaching the mid 60s here in SE PA - disgusting.

While there isn't much leafing out, it's incredible to see the landscape look like late April. We're easily about a month ahead of schedule. We have green grass, dandelions popping up, the fruit trees are actually past peak in March! Trees that would normally explode with buds the last week of April are budding rapidly right now. Just historic stuff we're experiencing here. I have no doubt if this torch continued another 5-7 days, we'd be leafing out like crazy next week. Night time lows are even more incredible -- more on par with late June than late March.

Current SSTA profile suggests waters off the NE US coast are some of the warmest relative to normals globally. The Atlantic as a whole is on the chilly side. AMO value near neutral right now. Will be interesting to see if the warm East coast anomalies hold the next couple months, or fade into the summer.

2s7cj1s.gif

I'd pick a different emoticon personally. One of the few times I'd enjoy being at JFK right now.

Dew points approaching the mid 60s here in SE PA - disgusting.

While there isn't much leafing out, it's incredible to see the landscape look like late April. We're easily about a month ahead of schedule. We have green grass, dandelions popping up, the fruit trees are actually past peak in March! Trees that would normally explode with buds the last week of April are budding rapidly right now. Just historic stuff we're experiencing here. I have no doubt if this torch continued another 5-7 days, we'd be leafing out like crazy next week. Night time lows are even more incredible -- more on par with late June than late March.

We are leafing out like crazy in Manhattan right now, probably in part due to the fact that it hasn't dropped below 55F since Sunday (and really many parts of the island haven't been much below 60F since then). Plus the humidity has been constant, dews have been around 60F for like 4 days straight. I've never experienced this in March, even in VA. We've had major heat waves this month (80s) but it was generally a dry heat given that we are so early in the warm season.

Archived