e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
March 2012........Happy Sping

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the forecasts were pretty spot on for those tornadoes yesterday. So I'm perplexed as to why such a high death toll. Obviously just a certain % of people that choose not to be vigilant and heed warnings or inadequate storm shelters in homes or public places. You live in that part of the country .... you better expect to get destroyed at least once in your life span and plan accordingly with a good shelter or good insurance.

I thought these tornadoes hit populated areas. No surprise to me that there'd be numerous fatalities, especially given the lack of basements that I saw in the debris pics.

euro, Holy Muted Morch

The 12z ECM is a complete torch...Wednesday-Friday look ridiculously above normal with 8C 850s ahead of a slow-moving cold front (cloudy nights should really enhance the departure Thursday and Friday), and then a full-latitude trough digs into the West by Day 10 with warmth spreading across the Plains towards the Northeast. Doesn't mean we can't sneak in some snow as it's early March in New England, but I guarantee the month ends at least +3F.

I thought these tornadoes hit populated areas. No surprise to me that there'd be numerous fatalities, especially given the lack of basements that I saw in the debris pics.

Not to mention that a few of these tornadoes were strong enough that sheltering in place wasn't enough, you needed to be below ground.

Probably poor cheap construction and inadequate shelters... Drive across the heartland, or down the Appalachians, etc. and it doesn't strike you as a very wealthy country. Lots of people in double wides, trailers, cheaply built wood frame homes ...which will be slapped together and rebuilt in time for the next tornado. But then again they probably figure the law of averages says that particular spot may not get hit again for a few decades.

At this point I suppose I don't really care if we average above normal. I'm just playing for the chance at a few late season winter wx events. If it's mild five days out of seven and I get a snowstorm I'm happy. I have a different attitude when there is snow cover to hold, but today is a good example of the futility of holding snow cover with that March sun. Hope I get through today with 4 or 5 inches of the 11 left.

The 12z ECM is a complete torch...Wednesday-Friday look ridiculously above normal with 8C 850s ahead of a slow-moving cold front (cloudy nights should really enhance the departure Thursday and Friday), and then a full-latitude trough digs into the West by Day 10 with warmth spreading across the Plains towards the Northeast. Doesn't mean we can't sneak in some snow as it's early March in New England, but I guarantee the month ends at least +3F.

jeez nam crushes the piedmont of NC late tonight into tomorrow, im sure boundary layer issues will abound but that is some hefty hefty precip, gotta love it, one of the warmest winters ever low 50s in southern vt right now and snow in nc later.

oh yeah

jeez nam crushes the piedmont of NC late tonight into tomorrow, im sure boundary layer issues will abound but that is some hefty hefty precip, gotta love it, one of the warmest winters ever low 50s in southern vt right now and snow in nc later.

oh yeah

Swing and a miss.

Has anyone met Scott yet? I've been to every gtg except one in the past 2 years and he wasn't at any of them.

That's what makes it so funny..he always says he is going to attend things and then pulls no shows..or these insane excuses that noone possibly believes.

There's a better chance of it snowing on July 4th than him showing up in Baltimore

Awesome March afternoon up here... avoided all rain except a brief 2-minute sprinkle around noontime.

Looks like classic March in town with sunshine, warming temperatures, bright snow everywhere. The river looks classic New England with snow and ice starting to open up.

IMG_2925_edited-1.jpg

IMG_2920_edited-1.jpg

And the ski_MRG out the windshield view driving around town this afternoon... spring time in Vermont.

IMG_2919_edited-1.jpg

Euro has off and on shown this anafrontal blowup of snow form on 3/10. Its an interesting modeling feature to look at.

euro, Holy Muted Morch

Socks you might want to look at 2m temps for your 2.5 day all out torch, ironic you picked those out of a ten day run then say, warmth spreading East day 10.

Archived