Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Observations and Discussions

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, some help, please. I need to look up some climo data for 1907, Atl. or Carrollton ...average monthly temps, rainfall, etc. Could someone point me to the archive, please! Larry, Mayretta, Lookout, someone? Many thanks, Tony

Steve has some good data on his site. It will give you the mean temperature for any given month and year along with total precip that fell and 1907 is included in the data.

http://www.daculaweather.com/climate_at_a_glance.php

No...temps not even close. 850's are around +6.

Van Denton FOX8 WGHP TV

Mt Mitchell got 1 inch of snow on Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Just got off the phone with Mr. Brian Wilder (park ranger at Mt. Mitchell) and he said it began to snow on top of the mtn..mixed w rain around 4:30pm Saturday...after midnight...it changed to mostly snow and they had 1 inch of snow on the ground early Sunday morning. By 10 am the snow was all melted away.

Got to love NC weather.

Like · · Share · 18 minutes ago ·

Hey, some help, please. I need to look up some climo data for 1907, Atl. or Carrollton ...average monthly temps, rainfall, etc. Could someone point me to the archive, please! Larry, Mayretta, Lookout, someone? Many thanks, Tony

Tony,

ATL 1907: Jan.-Dec. temp.'s: 52.0, 44.1, 61.5, 54.2, 67.4, 74.2, 80.1, 78.2, 73.2, 61.8, 50.0, 44.0; Entire year 61.7

Note that April was 7.3 cooler than March and was only 2.2 warmer than Jan.! Also, in 1907, there was a trace of snowfall during April as well as during Feb. and Dec.

ATL 1907 precip. Jan.-Dec.: 1.76", 4.63", 2.42", 3.63", 3.59", 1.95", 3.09", 2.12", 3.58", 1.22", 5.99", 5.45"; Total for year: 39.43"

ATL 1907 extremes Jan.-Apr/Oct.-Dec. coldest temp.'s 24, 22, 40, 30/36, 29, 23: note that April lowest was 30 vs. Mar.'s 40

May-Sep. hottest temp.'s: 85, 90, 98, 95, 93

Van Denton FOX8 WGHP TV

Mt Mitchell got 1 inch of snow on Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Just got off the phone with Mr. Brian Wilder (park ranger at Mt. Mitchell) and he said it began to snow on top of the mtn..mixed w rain around 4:30pm Saturday...after midnight...it changed to mostly snow and they had 1 inch of snow on the ground early Sunday morning. By 10 am the snow was all melted away.

Got to love NC weather.

Like · · Share · 18 minutes ago ·

Well...I guess I was wrong.

I do remember Saturday Night around midnight, the radar returns started banking up against Mt. Mitchell. I would assume at that time the best lift combined with a marginal enough cold pool that allowed some wet snow to fall.

Have y'all seen this new wind map?

http://hint.fm/wind/

It's updated hourly based on predicted surface wind speed.. also zoomable.

"These are near-term forecasts, updated once per hour. So what you're seeing is close to live data.

(See the NDFD site for precise details; our timestamp shows time of download.)"

LOL It's almost creepy looking.

Have y'all seen this new wind map?

http://hint.fm/wind/

It's updated hourly based on predicted surface wind speed.. also zoomable.

"These are near-term forecasts, updated once per hour. So what you're seeing is close to live data.

(See the NDFD site for precise details; our timestamp shows time of download.)"

That map is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

I used to see stuff like that back in the 70's, but I'm all better now :)

Had a great gentle, soaking rain since late afternoon. I've got near a half inch in the bucket, and it falls still. I put out a bunch of trees and plants yesterday, so this is great timing. Beats the heck of a heavy rush of rain from a tstorm! Tony

Archived