joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2012 General Discussion

Tropical

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember a time when GRR and DTX would regularly come out with their AFDs prior to 330pm EST. That doesn't seem to happen anymore and it pisses me off slightly.

Yeah they have been slow as of late, although this week there is a lot of weather to forecast for, so I can understand why they have came out later than normal this week.

If I'm reading it right, the 12z Euro brings 60s as far north as I-80 in Illinois Friday. Low 70s down by St. Louis. Haven't looked at forecast soundings yet, but it looks like there's very nice shear profiles just by looking at different heights. Instability will be key, of course.

Not quite that warm, but warm. Maybe mid 50s up to I-80. Mid 60s for St. Louis.

If I'm reading it right, the 12z Euro brings 60s as far north as I-80 in Illinois Friday. Low 70s down by St. Louis. Haven't looked at forecast soundings yet, but it looks like there's very nice shear profiles just by looking at different heights. Instability will be key, of course.

If it is that warm it will be unstable, GFS which is normally conservative has 1000 to 1500 J/kg of SB CAPE up to Indy.

wasn't warm for me, tons of local lake breezes kept it cool and foggy.

April 2010, was mild in the area. +7°. Average high of 61° here. March and most of May were cool though. In fact in the middle of May there was a string of 40 degree highs with frost a couple mornings! Warmer the last 10 days of the month.

Warmer than normal springs are hard to get around here with the lake breezes and fog. Kinda like being on the west coast with an persistent onshore breeze.

Archived