• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Hilltop avoiding non-isallobaric wind from heaven... UKMET/Euro try to save society as we know it

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember the days, when this used to happen?

Yeah trending lakes cutters into front end thumps with secondary redevelopment...12/16/07...hell even 2/1/11 last winter.

If the Euro doesn't phase the southern stream, it could end up a lot more wintry...Euro does have some cold over the region at d3 before the bomb cuts through...its not impressive cold, but cold enough for snow if it trended into a northern stream system.

I'm not holding out much hope though.

It's all made possible due to the utter lack of phasing on the GFS...

It's hard man:

1) no one that knows anything at all about Meteorology would argue that progressivity isn't the dominating flow characteristic; from that, can't we infer that the more progressive leaning solutions deserve a nod?

2) this last lower MA storm, the one that was supposed to save our winter per the GFS persistently hammered solution ... failed, leaving a very bad taste in those same person's minds about the usefulness of the GFS ...

3) at just 84 hours from the Euro's biggest impact of the inland rainy winder - that is squarely inside it's wheel house of fame. However, as Phil and I discussed mid winter, the Euro blew big time on a couple of events this season (no I can't recall the dates...) one as close in as 36 hours. So the model can at time poop the bed in short terms.

(1 + 2 + 3)/3 = :wacko2:

Yeah trending lakes cutters into front end thumps with secondary redevelopment...12/16/07...hell even 2/1/11 last winter.

If the Euro doesn't phase the southern stream, it could end up a lot more wintry...Euro does have some cold over the region at d3 before the bomb cuts through...its not impressive cold, but cold enough for snow if it trended into a northern stream system.

Yeah the euro looked icy potentially for NNE. I still could see the euro going more east, but I'm not sure it would be enough to benefit SNE.

It's all made possible due to the utter lack of phasing on the GFS...

It's hard man:

1) no one that knows anything at all about Meteorology would argue that progressivity isn't the dominating flow characteristic; from that, can't we infer that the more progressive leaning solutions deserve a nod?

2) this last lower MA storm, the one that was supposed to save our winter per the GFS persistently hammered solution ... failed, leaving a very bad taste in those same person's minds about the usefulness of the GFS ...

3) at just 84 hours from the Euro's biggest impact of the inland rainy winder - that is squarely inside it's wheel house of fame. However, as Phil and I discussed mid winter, the Euro blew big time on a couple of events this season (no I can't recall the dates...) one as close in as 36 hours. So the model can at time poop the bed in short terms.

(1 + 2 + 3)/3 = :wacko2:

Both models will probably come towards each other, in which SNE still sees a mundane solution.

Heh, beat me too it by a few moments ... BUT hmmmm Muah hahaha. there's another option on the table - but if feels like mentioning a no hitter in the 6th inning for this season ... and that is the Euro succeeds in more phasing, but but shifts just off shore. nice.

Yeah the euro looked icy potentially for NNE. I still could see the euro going more east, but I'm not sure it would be enough to benefit SNE.

Yeah I don't imagine the Euro being wrong enough to help us out...it might be wrong enough to get NNE more snow...and maybe 1-2 hours of snow/sleet on the front end here before a 34F rainstorm...yippee.

i posted this, this morning ...not sure anyone saw... But I still believe that a good deal why the GFS is so less phased is because it's N stream S/W coming off the Pac is not as intense as the Euros - still isn't. The Euro's digs more entering the MV and that's where the differences really get rolling...

Also, don't the heights over the SE appear too high to allow a stem-wound low on the coast? that's almost a 101 factor ... that goes against the Euro.

Oy vay!

i posted this, this morning ...not sure anyone saw... But I still believe that a good deal why the GFS is so less phased is because it's N stream S/W coming off the Pac is not as intense as the Euros - still isn't. The Euro's digs more entering the MV and that's where the differences really get rolling...

Also, don't the heights over the SE appear too high to allow a stem-wound low on the coast? that's almost a 101 factor ... that goes against the Euro.

Oy vay!

Unfortunately it seems like these factors are kind of supporting the least interesting scenario...a predominantly northern stream system that still tracks to far NW to really give much winter precip to most outside of far NNE...hopefully it keeps coming in colder to make it more interesting but I can def see a GFS/Euro compromise.

But hey, I guess at this point getting a half inch of rain would be a win...can't even buy qpf lately nevermind winter wx.

Unfortunately it seems like these factors are kind of supporting the least interesting scenario...a predominantly northern stream system that still tracks to far NW to really give much winter precip to most outside of far NNE...hopefully it keeps coming in colder to make it more interesting but I can def see a GFS/Euro compromise.

But hey, I guess at this point getting a half inch of rain would be a win...can't even buy qpf lately nevermind winter wx.

Exactly! holy crap.

and yes, we should all maintain vigil in wait for how this is just another dose of torture :devilsmiley:

It has our Feb 29-Mar 1 system too...a bit too far south this run but I'm feeling good...we got 8 days to trend it north.

Where's Ray to tell us not to be objective.

I know some feel beaten down by this winter, but all we are saying is that the signal has been there. Maybe this time, something can happen.

Where's Ray to tell us not to be objective.

I know some feel beaten down by this winter, but all we are saying is that the signal has been there. Maybe this time, something can happen.

Eh, the OP Euro was out to sea too...probably ought to punt it.

All kidding aside, who knows...at least the period looks to be getting more active as advertised. Maybe we can trend this into a 3-4 hour thump of snow on Friday. Looks like the Feb 27 event might be a cutter though ensembles suggested some colder solutions as well, so I guess we'll see.

Archived