• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    christians
    Newest Member
    christians
Hilltop avoiding non-isallobaric wind from heaven... UKMET/Euro try to save society as we know it

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you remember that story about the elephant trainer who lubed up his arm with some kind of oil ... then inserted it up the anus of the animal in an attempt to relieve the animal of an intense bout of impacted constipation ?

The Pacific is the elephant, the U.S. is the idiot trainer -

It wasn't a good day for the trainer, not for a long sight. He's dead. The elephant's ass immediately exponged aboout 500 pounds of fecal matter in a great rush, and it crushed the trainer's sternum. He died almost instantly. I think this may have even been and entry in the Darwin Awards -

We've been waiting all winter for anything at all to happen, now the Pac is shooting S/W after wave down stream over N/A and they all are pieces of schit!

Do you remember that story about the elephant trainer who lubed up his arm with some kind of oil ... then inserted it up the anus of the animal in an attempt to relieve the animal of an intense bout of impacted constipation ?

The Pacific is the elephant, the U.S. is the idiot trainer -

It wasn't a good day for the trainer, not for a long sight. He's dead. The elephant's ass immediately exponged aboout 500 pounds of fecal matter in a great rush, and it crushed the trainer's sternum. He died almost instantly. I think this may have even been and entry in the Darwin Awards -

We've been waiting all winter for anything at all to happen, now the Pac is shooting S/W after wave down stream over N/A and they all are pieces of schit!

LOLLLLL

yeah i think after the GFS upgrade a couple of years back it moved ahead of the ggem vertically (i think) and horizontally

Yeah it may be that most information resources are not updating the statistics yet -

Eh, whatever.... Neither model looks like it's handling the next week's worth of events very well.

my brain...and the internet.

Yeah, again ...I think that all the sites out there are just not updated... Haha - I went to f* NCEP its self and the docs are dated 2003 :wacko:

Don't tell us a memo can't be written because of funding! jaggovs

Anyway, I keep getting .5X.5 for the GFS, and slightly better .3X.25 for the GGEM, but if anyone has a more recent resource, by all means enlighten -

Yeah, again ...I think that all the sites out there are just not updated... Haha - I went to f* NCEP its self and the docs are dated 2003 :wacko:

Don't tell us a memo can't be written because of funding! jaggovs

Anyway, I keep getting .5X.5 for the GFS, and slightly better .3X.25 for the GGEM, but if anyone has a more recent resource, by all means enlighten -

here...took me a while to put this on the new site...had it on my old site but couldn't find it...just added it now.

i'm pretty sure this is up-to-date (compiled using various sources):

http://www.capecodweather.net/computer-models/

here...took me a while to put this on the new site...had it on my old site but couldn't find it...just added it now.

i'm pretty sure this is up-to-date (compiled using various sources):

http://www.capecodwe...omputer-models/

Interesting ... "....The GEFS is run at a T254 (50-55km) resolution for the first 8 days..."

not trying to be a dic head just trying to get to the bottom of this:

50-55km is roughly 1/2 of 1 degree of latitude or longitude; 1 degree is 60 nautical miles where 1 nautical mile = 1.852 km, implies 111.12km/degree of latitude or longitude.

So, if 50 to 55 km is the current resolution (per your source), that's still 50/111.12 = a .45lat/lon mesh, or 49lat/lon if using 55km.

Meanwhile, if you go to the Canadian Environmental sources, they list the GGEM as being .3 by .25.

This suggests no, the GGEM does have a finer mesh.

Why am incorrect - what am I missing then?

Interesting ... "....The GEFS is run at a T254 (50-55km) resolution for the first 8 days..."

not trying to be a dic head just trying to get to the bottom of this:

50-55km is roughly 1/2 of 1 degree of latitude or longitude; 1 degree is 60 nautical miles where 1 nautical mile = 1.852 km, implies 111.12km/degree of latitude or longitude.

So, if 50 to 55 km is the current resolution (per your source), that's still 50/111.12 = a .45lat/lon mesh, or 49lat/lon if using 55km.

Meanwhile, if you go to the Canadian Environmental sources, they list the GGEM as being .3 by .25.

This suggests no, the GGEM does have a finer mesh.

Why am incorrect - what am I missing then?

no problem.

that's the gefs not the g f s that you just quoted there

GFS front end thumps us even here on this run.

Dude ... you gotta appreciate the significance of operational ECM -vs- the GFS at 84 flippin hours before ...whatever in the f* takes place.

Heh, I wonder if we will be experiencing 2 completely different storm events at the same quantom moment in time? ...that's weird.

Archived