• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Weekend Storm Discussion Part II, 2/18-2/19

stormtracker

There is still over a day to go.....watch the models flip back tonight or even tomorrow afternoon, i really dont think we will know for sure until Saturday Sunday Night........

fyp

As has been said, there isn't much flipping going on now, just small changes where a small change means alot with the qpf gradient the way it is on the north side. I have a feeling 00Z will narrow things down enough to either make us in the MA fairly happy or Ji suicidal.

EDIT: Running WSR in the Gulf for the 18/12Z runs so at the latest by then, I think we'll have a good idea.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DCA sounding is pretty scarey as the temp is still 2C at 00Z so it's saying the temp might be 35 or 36 unless the precip really comes down.

Your the expert. I think it's time for you to make a forecast. Pretend it's the 1970s and you don't have this model data

does the rgem run on the intellivision platform or the atari 2600? I mean seriously. The first map looks doesn't even look like a computer put a hand on it.

A model and it's post-processed products are two separate things. I'm sure you can make beautiful imagery out if the rgem's fields if you wanted.

EDIT: Plus these images look blown up larger than their native resolution.

Bob, chill.

A model and it's post-processed products are two separate things. I'm sure you can make beautiful imagery out if the rgem's fields if you wanted.

i shouldn't be posting crap in the model thread but I'm totally chillin' and ready for my first cold one and i think canada should want to make some beautiful imagery because it's hard to take a model seriously when it looks like my 7 year old broke out the crayolas during recess.

It's unbelievable- you'd think this storm is moving into a desert air mass.. The RGEM LP center in SE TN at 48 hrs and it cant get a flake in here til then. This storm has high bust potential either way if it's the convective factor that's causing the wierdness in the models now.

The Euro has nailed most of this storm, so why stray from that? It has nailed the s/w evolution considerably compared to other models and continues to differ by offering paltry qpf on the order of 0.10" or less for DCA. I could see the precip shield being slightly north of the Euro's current depiction, but not anything like the NAM :lol: . Going D-2" at BWI, 2-4" DC, and 4-8" for areas NW of RIC. This snow will be falling onto ground that was 55F in days prior, and 2m temps will be marginal. If DC gets over 4" I'd be extremely surprised.

The Euro has nailed most of this storm, so why stray from that? It has nailed the s/w evolution considerably compared to other models and continues to differ by offering paltry qpf on the order of 0.10" or less for DCA. I could see the precip shield being slightly north of the Euro's current depiction, but not anything like the NAM :lol: . Going D-2" at BWI, 2-4" DC, and 4-8" for areas NW of RIC. This snow will be falling onto ground that was 55F in days prior, and 2m temps will be marginal. If DC gets over 4" I'd be extremely surprised.

There it is, folks! Snow won't stick if it is warm prior to the storm! LOL

Nailed most of what storm? Thanks a pant load toolbag but we don't need your insight. Go back to wishing the storm was as close to you as it will be to us

Archived